Current time: 08/05/2024, 11:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
TfGM Committee meeting documents mentions some more details of First service changes in April:

• 17: Service re-timed to provide more even frequency with services 17 and 163. The 2342 Monday-Saturday journey from Manchester is extended from Middleton to Rochdale, while the 0006 journey from Rochdale is withdrawn.
  • 18: Service will run resume cross-city journeys, albeit at reduced frequency of every 20 minutes. Service to continue to run every 10 mins between Langley, Middleton and Manchester. Service re-routed at MRI to run in opposite direction, running via Oxford Road, Hathersage Road, The Boulevard and Nelson Street before returning to Manchester via Oxford Road. Service re-timed to provide more even frequency with services 17 and 163.
  • 53: Early morning and evening journeys re-timed.
  • 58: Additional vehicle to be used at peak times with additional running time between Shaw and Rochdale.
  • 95: Some journeys re-timed and curtailed to terminate at Prestwich.
  • 100: Bank holiday evening journeys to be extended to Hollins Green every hour.
  • 350: Some morning journeys from Ashton withdrawn with some additional journeys running towards Ashton.
  • 468: Some early morning and evening journeys between Bury and Tottington withdrawn.
  • 471: Some early morning and evening journeys between Bury and Bolton withdrawn. Weekday afternoon journeys slightly re-timed.
  • 511: Early morning and evening journeys re-timed.
  • 524: Some early morning journeys towards Bolton and evening journeys towards Bury withdrawn. Some additional morning journeys from Bolton introduced.
  • V1/V2/V3: V3 withdrawn and replaced by services V1 and V2, which are re-routed away from Piccadilly Gardens & Stevenson Square to Manchester Royal Infirmary instead.
  • X35: Service re-routed to run via Dale Street, Oldham Street and Piccadilly towards Manchester.

https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/...us_network
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Regarding the April changes,

Noticed in N&P that First are to withdraw Middleton local routes 12 and 125. Are these subsidised routes, is there a replacement from TFGM or another operator?

:-)
Yes Ant both are tenders and I believe Stagecoach are apparently taking them on from what I've read/heard elsewhere.

Regarding other changes I can hear a sigh of relief from other First Manchester drivers regarding the changes to the Vantage routes as its means they'll be able to take layover time back in Stevenson Square instead of driving round finding a suitable location to wait time out when they arrive in Manchester early.
Stagecoach are taking over one of the Middleton Circulars (12) but not the 125, and so far I've not seen anything to say anyone else is taking the 125 over, considering its fairly well used and connects some areas that are isolated for some of the elderly, would be a poor move to withdraw it
(09/03/2017 21:24)Dentonian Wrote:  The 125 has been gained by Stotts, though I can't remember if the timetable is changed.

Stotts getting the service makes sense, they also have (or at least had) the Hollin circular 129 which runs down Stannycliffe Lane.

Cheers, Ant
(03/03/2017 21:41)Dentonian Wrote:  I've not gone through the list comprehensively - mainly because I only get information if it affects Oldham (in or out), but a few updates jump out:

Firstly, of the above, I have 60267 still in service (at BY). Is this a recent withdrawal?

hth

60267 was noted in service today however it is still showing as SORN on the DVLA Website

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Further checks reveal an error on my part, 60267 is still in service and taxed

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Sat 11th Mar 17 obs.........
Manchester :
33748 on route 181 (branded route 409)
Just seen an alx400 on the 415 route, didn't get the fleet number
(16/03/2017 15:42)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Just seen an alx400 on the 415 route, didn't get the fleet number

User(s) browsing this thread: 50 Guest(s)