Current time: 25/04/2024, 08:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
For the past couple of weeks 69537-69539 have been operating on various Oldham Depot routes so I'm guessing their permanent allocations now, I think with the recent withdrawal of older B7s at Oldham Depot its probably left them short of vehicles hence why these 3 have been drafted in from Vantage Spare to cover.

From what I can gather their quite well liked from some of the driving staff at Oldham Depot as their quite quick and smooth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The latest registrations point to routes 6, 80, 81/a and X84 being due for withdrawal on October 8th.
The 80 and 81A haven’t operated for quite some time.
(02/07/2022 08:41)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The latest registrations point to routes 6, 80, 81/a and X84 being due for withdrawal on October 8th.

The 81 has been slowly being downgraded for the last 5 years, so it wouldn't surprise me if this service does get withdrawn, as it is their own doing after all but the withdrawal of service will leave sections of the route served without an alternative service, the biggest being Coalshaw Green area of the route. Hopefully, TFGM could step in to provide some kind of replacement bus service to maintain a service in this area.

Also, the 6 is another interesting route up for withdrawal.
Id imagine Rosso could step in on the 6.
(02/07/2022 19:30)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  The 81 has been slowly being downgraded for the last 5 years, so it wouldn't surprise me if this service does get withdrawn, as it is their own doing after all but the withdrawal of service will leave sections of the route served without an alternative service, the biggest being Coalshaw Green area of the route. Hopefully, TFGM could step in to provide some kind of replacement bus service to maintain a service in this area.

Also, the 6 is another interesting route up for withdrawal.

The 81 is operated by Stagecoach in the evenings commercially between piccadilly & gardeners arms tendered between gardeners & decker so they might step in
Well at what point do they fully pull the plug. As the running costs to keep Mumps open have to be now at a point to just walk away. with just

I would say bus franchising is a way out for them as they been trying many times to off load mumps depot. even the supermarket pulled out.
You forgot the 409.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
& 57, 84, 181, 182.

They have decimated Oldham, and the surrounding areas, suprised they still operate the 348 with the dead running into Ashton, must be a similar reason to give up on the Rochddale local.

81 years ago used to be every 10 minutes Derker - Manchester, slowly eroded, Stagecoach have the monopoly on Moston Lane now, hopefully they might trial a service on the route, TfGM only generally award tenders for services once an hour i think the rule is, so bad news for Oldham bus passengers.

Also 8th October seems like a strange Cancellation date, usually the start of September when schools return, and then around halloween when schools break up, but First have given exactly 3 months notice i guess?
(06/07/2022 04:01)Mrboo Wrote:  Well at what point do they fully pull the plug. As the running costs to keep Mumps open have to be now at a point to just walk away. with just

I would say bus franchising is a way out for them as they been trying many times to off load mumps depot. even the supermarket pulled out.

You forgot the 57,84 & 409

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)