Current time: 25/04/2024, 13:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How many runways for Heathrow ?
How many runways for Heathrow ?
I reckon unfortunately that , that section of West london has too much air traffic and too much road traffic already for any more to be foisted on that part of London.

Any change in policy over Heathrow is going to be devastating to the enviroment and the livelyhoods of all the residents nearby .

I say NO to a third runway , if they want a new headline airport build it elsewhere as Heathrow can't expand .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: How many runways for Heathrow ?
On the contrary, I think that there is absolutely capacity for Heathrow to expand BUT, not with the current infrastructure the airport has. It would need re-working in my opinion to keep things flowing smoothly for everyone concerned, including the travelling public.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
The rebuilt Terminal 2 is due to reopen in 2014, and will then be extended to incorporate the current Terminal 1. This means that since 2008 the new Terminal 5 will have been opened without a new runway. I think that Justine Greening has been redeployed and the new Commission set up to report back to the government with a view to enabling the Tories to perform a U-turn in the next Parliament as business seems to want a new runway.

I am against the 3rd runway for the harm to the environment and residents in the area.
LHR was conceptualised during WW2 with the vision of the needs of the 70s. I reckon we need to do the same. Start again on a new site. Build something with enough runways and terminals, and large enough gates and public areas to handle the aircraft and passenger needs to sustain the capacity to enable it to be the best european hub throgh 2040 - and preferably owned by and generating revenue for the british taxpayer.
You say starting on a new site , would this site be where Mr Boris Johnson wants it to be in the Thames Estuary or somewhere completely different .

If you was to build Heathrow now in this day and age you would require at least 4 runways , 2 East / West and 2 North / South , you would have to ensure they didnt crisscross each other as well for maximum flexibility.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)