Current time: 05/05/2024, 04:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Article on the Echo website informing the Wirral Line platform reopening will be delayed by 3 weeks and the Northern Line refurbishment is postponed until next year
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Your correct N271CKB , one Northern Line platform will be done in January and the other Northern Line platform will be done after the Grand National meeting in April.
Just heard on the radio that theres a derailed train between Ellesmere Port and Hooton.
Believe it's a freight train
Its on the freight line just the other side of the bridge at Ellesmere Port (Overpool side), it derailed just fouling the main line from Hooton to Ellesmere Port.
A reminder that Moorfields Wirral Line will reopen for service on Monday Morning (24 August).

Moorfields being such a big location was always going to be a bigger headache than all the other stations probably with the exception of Liverpool Central.
There has been a Line Side fire at James Street Station closing the line, Arriva Birkenhead are currently out on Emergency Rail reps!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Service was restored at 10.30 after earlier problems around the Liverpool Loop system.
Merseytravel have today announced a £400 million plan to upgrade Merseyrail's fleet with brand new driver only operated dual voltage trains. Based on the artists impression in the Echo article I think they look very smart and as much as I like the PEP stock I'm glad to see that the procurement process for new stock is gathering pace

Full report here: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...de-9975998
I do wonder whether these will be DOO or DCO , DOO is as said on the tin with drivers controlling the opening and closing and DCO where the driver only has the responsibility to open the doors with the onboard staff still having a responsibility to close the doors .

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)