Current time: 29/04/2024, 17:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Just put in a seperate thread information with regards to The Three Queens event as it would be easier to find quickly .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
507024 is the latest unit to gain the new refurbished interior its on the Ormskirk line this morning running as a 6 car with 507006. I caught it from Maghull to Ormskirk at 06:32.
I do wonder whether there will be a small hiatus in the refresh programme to enable as many units as possible to be available to the three queens event .

The planning seems to be having this as an extremely busy event .

With specific attention to six trains an hour on the Monday to New Brighton .

The Northern Line seems to be the one taking the brunt with three trains an hour instead of four. Lets just see how that works out .
(14/05/2015 14:24)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder whether there will be a small hiatus in the refresh programme to enable as many units as possible to be available to the three queens event .

The planning seems to be having this as an extremely busy event .

With specific attention to six trains an hour on the Monday to New Brighton .

The Northern Line seems to be the one taking the brunt with three trains an hour instead of four. Lets just see how that works out .

And now add to that the Industrial Action by Network Rail which starts from 5pm on Bank Holiday Monday. Wonder how much it will affect Merseyrail?
Hidden on the Merseyrail website regarding the refurbishment of Green Lane is the following paragraph :

From 15 June - 20 July, improvement work to the platforms areas will mean that the 07:02 , 08:24 and 08:39 6 car trains will not stop at Green Lane station. All other train services will stop as normal.

Also note :

Due to a programme of improvements to Green Lane station the booking hall will be closed from Wednesday 27th May until mid June. During the closure please purchase tickets at your destination or in advance from other staffed stations.
The All day Chester Diagrams are six cars today (units that form the 30 min evening Chester service).
All Southport and Chester line trains were six carriages today in fact.
How did you think the Merseyrail train plan worked .

I do know of at least three units that had faults this morning , one on the Chester line , one on the west Kirby line and one that affected a diagram on the Ormskirk / Kirkby service.

Definitely the fleet looks very stretched at these special events , this must clearly be in merseytravel's mind when the opportunity for new trains is on the horizon.
(25/05/2015 19:00)wirralbus Wrote:  How did you think the Merseyrail train plan worked .

I do know of at least three units that had faults this morning , one on the Chester line , one on the west Kirby line and one that affected a diagram on the Ormskirk / Kirkby service.

Definitely the fleet looks very stretched at these special events , this must clearly be in merseytravel's mind when the opportunity for new trains is on the horizon.
My wife and daughter went into Liverpool at about 12.30. she had to pay £3 to the Hooton pub to park - no space anywhere else. The train was full on leaving Hooton causing arguments and minor scuffles as others tried to board and failed further down the line - so at that point I would say Merseyrail Wirral services were beyond capacity.

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)