Current time: 01/05/2024, 13:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
I think now its got to the Committee Meeting of Merseytravel they must see a big enough potential for it , its just a case of wait and see now .

It will take a lot of pressure off the existing Car Park at Maghull hopefully which is full to bursting point and can not accommodate most off peak travellers during the week , which must be exasperating for those passengers who don't want to take there car all the way into Liverpool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If the pictures of the refresh and the refreshed carriages look the same then it looks good .

Somebody now needs to find out from Merseytravel how long these units are now expected to remain in service , by the looks of that refresh for a good while yet.
(13/02/2015 21:56)wirralbus Wrote:  If the pictures of the refresh and the refreshed carriages look the same then it looks good .

Somebody now needs to find out from Merseytravel how long these units are now expected to remain in service , by the looks of that refresh for a good while yet.

From their latest press release:

All options, which include a new fleet to extensive rework of the existing stock, are
being considered. Options will be put forward for political approval in the near future.

http://merseyrail.org/media/296476/Inter...efresh.pdf

- Hopefully they will sort out some new trains before the decade is out!
I like your hope that the trains get sorted out before the decade is out .
(15/02/2015 12:36)wirralbus Wrote:  I like your hope that the trains get sorted out before the decade is out .

We can but hope! Just to clarify; my optimism only extends so far as Merseyrail actually making some sort of decision as to ordering new trains. If they can't do that in the next 5 years then there really is no hope!
Disruption on the Ormskirk line yesterday evening due to safety checks being carried out at Old Roan a member of the public reported seeing cracks in the bridge over Copy Lane possibly due to it being hit by a road vehicle anyone know anymore on this? Thanks.
507001 and 507002 were together once again today working the 15:55 Liverpool Central to Ormskirk.
(15/02/2015 23:10)Enviro400 Wrote:  We can but hope! Just to clarify; my optimism only extends so far as Merseyrail actually making some sort of decision as to ordering new trains. If they can't do that in the next 5 years then there really is no hope!

There seems to be some sort of damage limitation exercise going on at the moment with a big emphasis on reengineering of the current fleet being emphasized. Even the MD of Merseyrail did it....
I think that if you look at re-engineering the units , it really does mean that the amount of trains available to use per day will drop .

Is this in the short time going to lead to some service reductions .

Remember when the RMT Trade Union got there hands on what they had been told was service reductions , to services on the Hooton and Southport lines , which was quickly squashed.
Arriva on Rail Replacement dutys today, will it be Arriva on each date?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)