Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
The line between Sandhills and Liverpool Moorfields already has enough hiccups without the added problem of another station.

Also added into the mix is the up line (towards Liverpool ) is bi-directional to at least Bank Hall and could be very confusing for the passengers , not sure how much of the down line (away from Liverpool) is bi-directional.

Most bi-directional running though is to the crossovers at the top of Leeds Street Bank from/to Liverpool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I think that if a new station was built at Vauxhall then the bi-directional lines would be taken into account before it is built

I still think the area is in need of a rail link and I hope that in time a station is built at Vauxhall
Well its like the trains saga .

Its a game of will they wont they.

I think even if we had new trains what happened this past Sunday morning on the network would not have been prevented , actually you may have found that the service would have been a bit worse , as we know traction computers on trains are not the most relaiable when it comes to a little bit of ice .

Water is a conductor of electricity , but ice is not , bet that surprises some of you.
(22/01/2015 22:26)wirralbus Wrote:  Water is a conductor of electricity , but ice is not , bet that surprises some of you.
This post will be entirely off topic, but that's untrue. Pure water doesn't conduct electricity and thus neither would pure ice. However, the ions which are present in non-pure water are also present in non-pure ice and it's these ions which hold the conductive property. Therefore, non-pure ice would conduct electricity just as non-pure water would.

Apologies again for going off on a tangent!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Someones been hit by a Train at Capenhurst

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
All cleared now and trains are running. Took a while for Arriva to disperse some rail replacement buses (understandable with it happening at rush hour) but credit to Merseyrail with the way they dealt with the disruption this evening (can only comment on what I seen mind). Staff very helpful and ensured the rush hour crowds were dispersed as quickly and safely as possible.

Its always a trying time for everybody involved when there has been what is called a police incident , as a blanket isolation of the power is usually a bit bigger than would be the norm for an isolation this is to ensure that no trains can re-energise the third rail by running from a live section onto an isolated section.
Severe disruption on the Merseyrail network this morning due to frozen snow on the live rails only 2 routes not affected and running normally at the moment are West Kirby and New Brighton.
Ormskirk line was only affected because at the start of service the Kirkby line interworks until the full 15 minute timetable kicks in , isn't this a case for the Kirkby and Ormskirk line services to be completely separately. For some reason the remoteness of the single line makes the line a bit vunerable to icing.

The Southport line as such got away with it except that last bit at the Hunts cross was also frozen , the service did run to and turn back from Liverpool South Parkway.

The Ellesmere Port line had a train that did not want to proceed over the crossover at Ellesmere Port , this isn't the first time something has come a cropper on that crossover though , it was ice related though this time .

Chester service only gets involved this time because it interworks some services in the peak hour , but generally the service was alright today.

Once again the New Brighton and West Kirby services performed as they should .
The current graffiti spike shows no sign of abating, with the likes of 507009, 507024, 508127 and 508140 all recently hit, coincidentally all of these sets still retaining the old livery.

On a more positive note though, the two scruffiest units have been re-liveried in the last two weeks - 508125 and this week the utterly rancid 508112 - and not before time. Hopefully the interior refresh starts soon because 508112 certainly needs this work in addition to the exterior.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208

User(s) browsing this thread: NathanR, 29 Guest(s)