Current time: 03/05/2024, 22:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: New Fleet
(03/07/2012 23:19)507022 Wrote:  
(03/07/2012 11:17)First Class Wrote:  I have been informed today that the most recent Merseytravel proposal for the rolling stock replacement is a mix of 3 and 4 carriage trains. They must have a specific train in mind as (IIRC), it stated there would be 274 seats per 3 car set. 6 car trains would no longer operate.

It is also stated in the report that only 48 units should be ordered. However, this may be an overall increase in carriages, depending on the amount of 4-car units.

My rough maths says that for a 3-car, each carriage could seat ~91 passengers, (to get the 274). A 4-car unit assuming the same spec, would seat ~365 passengers, which is roundabout what a 6-car currently holds.

Another key point of the above is that trains are not expected to "stick" to individual lines and the Merseytravel report has recommended trains should interwork with other routes.

Finally, it is also proposed to turn Liverpool South Parkway (Merseyrail platforms) into a bay to allow an 8-min service "in the future".

Now, from what I can gather, Merseyrail aren't particularly satisfied with the above and are asking for it to be reviewed.

First one to find out what the 3-car train, capable of DC running with 274 seats is gets a prize Wink

Sure, there is talk of a bay at South Parkway, but it IS IN ADDITION to the existing platforms 5 & 6, to increase capacity down there. There is also a possibility of re-modelling Hunts Cross West Junction to Hunts Cross to avoid delays by other TOC's trains crossing at the junction - this would mean Merseyrail would have its own separate route down to Hunts Cross.

So a Platform 8 bay? Personally think it would be a waste of time except during disruption. You don't need any more Liverpool-Liverpool S Parkway services!!!

Currently:

6 trains per hour from Lime Street
4 trains per hour from Liverpool Central
--
10 trains per hour Liverpool-Liverpool S Parkway
--
PLUS 82/86 bus every 5/10mins

Why do we need an additional 4 services per hour via Merseyrail?? I wonder whether this may be to do with a possibility of Transpennine Express/East Midlands trains going via Chat Moss in the future??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseyrail
507008 was outside Birkenhead North depot this lunchtime fresh from overhaul work. Beside the main shed, meanwhile, 507029 was in the siding with a temporary tail light attached to the New Brighton-facing end.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Due to a track circuit failure at Capenhurst services are meeting with delays this is being compounded by the fact that the Hooton line service is only four trains an hour causing some trains to suffer long dwell times , some trains not ALL trains on the line are six cars .
I wonder whether the "6-car in section" problem caused the TC problems.

When more than 1 6-car passes each other between Bache/Capenhurst, it can blow a load of lineside equipment.
Track circuit problems caused by the weather in the end , service ended up being suspended this evening between hooton and Chester
Service still remains suspended due to flooding at Capenhurst.
Did 507002 return yesterday?
Some nasty delays in the last hour or so on the northern line due to failed train at Sandhills.
Train failed half in half out of Sandhills Liverpool bound on the country side of the station.
(09/07/2012 12:33)jtd508110 Wrote:  Did 507002 return yesterday?

It returned at the middle of May

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)