Current time: 30/04/2024, 10:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(25/05/2014 15:21)507009 Wrote:  There really is no excuse for it, considering they've known about this event well in advance. The Ormskirk/Kirkby trains were crush-loaded today - on a Sunday - which really is shockingly bad. The fact you've got New Brighton trains (and some of the Ellesmere Ports) carrying around fresh air all day suggests a poor balance of resources.

At least the Southport line had a 15 minute service all the way to Hunts Cross, unusually for a Sunday, in what was definitely a positive move. Two of the ten formations here were three car too, but it's rather less of a problem with a 15 minute service.

Anyway, on another subject, 508124 has emerged from BD today in the new livery. Looks like 508120 has replaced it, having been outside the re-livery lane this morning. 507001 + 507002 were working together once again on the Southport line.

Doesn't matter how far in advance you know about an event,if o,n the day units cannot be released for service then this is what happens.
Like I said as well to be able to move units to busier lines at short notice requires spare staff,something which has been very scarce lately.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/05/2014 15:21)507009 Wrote:  There really is no excuse for it, considering they've known about this event well in advance. The Ormskirk/Kirkby trains were crush-loaded today - on a Sunday - which really is shockingly bad. The fact you've got New Brighton trains (and some of the Ellesmere Ports) carrying around fresh air all day suggests a poor balance of resources.

At least the Southport line had a 15 minute service all the way to Hunts Cross, unusually for a Sunday, in what was definitely a positive move. Two of the ten formations here were three car too, but it's rather less of a problem with a 15 minute service.

Anyway, on another subject, 508124 has emerged from BD today in the new livery. Looks like 508120 has replaced it, having been outside the re-livery lane this morning. 507001 + 507002 were working together once again on the Southport line.

I caught the 12:00 train from maghull to liverpool yesterday it was a 3 car and my girlfriend and i manged to find 2 vacant seats but when we got to old roan it was standing room only and aintree is where the majority of people get on so it was crush loaded by then had to fight my way off the train at moorfeilds. On a different note new liveried 508108 is on the ormskirk line today.
Why the Summer Sunday service isn't 15 minutes from Southport to Hunts Cross during the daytime surprises me , it could easily drop back to every 30 minutes from 1900hrs.

Now I have seen the new livery shown two ways with one six car set showing all the same colour on the same side and another with the yellow and grey alternated .
(26/05/2014 07:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Why the Summer Sunday service isn't 15 minutes from Southport to Hunts Cross during the daytime surprises me , it could easily drop back to every 30 minutes from 1900hrs.

Now I have seen the new livery shown two ways with one six car set showing all the same colour on the same side and another with the yellow and grey alternated .

Yeah I agree,it would easily pay for itself.
I know Liverpool South Parkway- Liverpool Central was the listed alternate route yesterday due to the engineering work on the main line,that explains the 15minute service.
(26/05/2014 12:36)ls1911 Wrote:  Yeah I agree,it would easily pay for itself.
I know Liverpool South Parkway- Liverpool Central was the listed alternate route yesterday due to the engineering work on the main line,that explains the 15minute service.

Also dont forget on top of that the Rock and Roll Marathon was meaning buses from South liverpool could get no further in than Brunswick station as well.
At Bank Holidays , you do sometimes think one of the major transport providers be it Arriva , Merseyrail or Stagecoach have got there service provision slightly aury.

Why is that the train service runs to a Saturday timetable , but both of the major bus operators seem to see fit that a Bank Holiday service should still be a Sunday service.
Agreed! Stagecoach's service yesterday was poor on the North Liverpool routes and on the South Liverpool routes, I saw 3 86's running together which is completely unacceptable when the service is so infrequent. Merseyrail do well to provide their service on bank holidays.
(27/05/2014 06:28)wirralbus Wrote:  At Bank Holidays , you do sometimes think one of the major transport providers be it Arriva , Merseyrail or Stagecoach have got there service provision slightly aury.

Why is that the train service runs to a Saturday timetable , but both of the major bus operators seem to see fit that a Bank Holiday service should still be a Sunday service.

Think it's more of a national thing to be honest,all the toc's tend to operate to a Saturday timetable on a bank holiday. That and the staff not being paid any extra!!
Do bus drivers get an enhanced rate for bank holidays?
Merseyrail pay double time only on New Years Day hence the Sunday service on that date.
(27/05/2014 06:28)wirralbus Wrote:  At Bank Holidays , you do sometimes think one of the major transport providers be it Arriva , Merseyrail or Stagecoach have got there service provision slightly aury.

Don't Merseytravel specify the level of services they require for all buses (and trains) on Merseyside or is it just for the subsidised ones?
Poor show again from Merseyrail today with 3 cars on the Southport line despite the good weather and the Queen Victoria farewell.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)