Current time: 28/04/2024, 10:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(08/10/2013 15:21)MX12CFE Wrote:  Article in todays liverpool echo says merseyrails fleet are to undergo an internal refurbishment over the next couple of months and one of the units has been named to celebrate the first 10 years of the Abellio/Serco partnership running merseyrail unsure which unit is the named one anyone know?

About time they were spruced up. Are we now however just polishing a turd! Dont they need replacing urgently ! They are over 30 years old. They are begining to fall apart. The internal refurb will not improve reliabity..

Kind regards..

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/10/2013 15:21)MX12CFE Wrote:  Article in todays liverpool echo says merseyrails fleet are to undergo an internal refurbishment over the next couple of months and one of the units has been named to celebrate the first 10 years of the Abellio/Serco partnership running merseyrail unsure which unit is the named one anyone know?

507016. Named yesterday at Rock Ferry.

HTH
(08/10/2013 19:32)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  

About time they were spruced up. Are we now however just polishing a turd! Dont they need replacing urgently ! They are over 30 years old. They are begining to fall apart. The internal refurb will not improve reliabity..

Kind regards..

As there isnt a set date set down yet for the replacements , this is the next best thing to keep the trains looking reasonably tidy , it probably wont be a full refurb more a little refresh , why spend a lot when in the not too distant future something better should be coming over the horizon , though that horizon seems a long way away at the moment .
Maybe 507010 or even 507003 would have had more relevant fleet numbers?

And I have heard it all about the new stock. Ive heared its happening in 2019, ive heard it could be longer. What about a new traction package similar to what SWT are doing with the 455's?
(09/10/2013 05:18)wirralbus Wrote:  
(08/10/2013 19:32)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  

Kind regards..

As there isnt a set date set down yet for the replacements , this is the next best thing to keep the trains looking reasonably tidy , it probably wont be a full refurb more a little refresh , why spend a lot when in the not too distant future something better should be coming over the horizon , though that horizon seems a long way away at the moment .

New fleet project team has been set up by Merseyrail and there is a date set for the new fleet to be in service. I can't say anymore as people involved in this project have had to sign confidentiality agreements....sorry
Bart Schmeink, Merseyrails MD has tweeted on a few occasions the last few months about heading off to meetings to discuss replacement fleet. Still along way to go though I guess.

Also, speaking of tweets, a photo was tweeted a few days ago, showing where an internal side panel (at about ankle height) had come off, and showed some quite bad corrosion of the body work that normally hides behind it.

Internally I don't find most of the units too bad. Some need a very good deep clean, with some light covers full of grime and very yellowed. Some of the seat covers are looking rather thread bare as well.
I saw that tweet and the reply showed it to be 507020 on car 64424
(09/10/2013 13:29)vikjm Wrote:  Bart Schmeink, Merseyrails MD has tweeted on a few occasions the last few months about heading off to meetings to discuss replacement fleet. Still along way to go though I guess.

Also, speaking of tweets, a photo was tweeted a few days ago, showing where an internal side panel (at about ankle height) had come off, and showed some quite bad corrosion of the body work that normally hides behind it.

Internally I don't find most of the units too bad. Some need a very good deep clean, with some light covers full of grime and very yellowed. Some of the seat covers are looking rather thread bare as well.

Bart has been replaced a while back .

Maarten Spaargaren is the present MD.
(09/10/2013 17:30)wirralbus Wrote:  Bart has been replaced a while back .

Maarten Spaargaren is the present MD.

Sorry, thats who I meant, I got the names a tad confused Blush
I do know one thing its getting harder to spell the names , thank goodness for copying and pasting .

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)