Current time: 04/05/2024, 05:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
When did the derailment occur and which unit was involved?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
507003 was on evening 6 car West Kirby duties this evening and there was a terribly strong smell of burning metal from the DMS A Car 64407. Was that the car involved in the Chester incident?
(23/09/2013 22:52)507022 Wrote:  
(23/09/2013 19:56)507 mad Wrote:  Does anybody have an idea whats happening to Hightown station, which is my local station. All the trees have been chopped down on platform 1. This could be a development into a car park due to ongoing demands for one but would be too small for housing. Also does anybody know what unit was involved in the overnight derailment at kirkdale.

It may be that the trees are chopped down due to the onset of the leaf-fall period, to stop the rails being contaminated by wet leaves, but it's only a guess.

Over the years some areas of both Northern and Wirral lines are more prone to leaf fall problems than others , i am wondering whether there has been a particular problem on the approach and departure from this location .
Chester and Ellesmere Port services were disrupted this afternoon due to a points failure at Hooton.

Anyone got an idea when Hooton box is to be closed and the work transferred into Chester PSB , at that point Chester PSB will fringe with Sandhills IECC at Bromborough Rake .
Is there a speed restriction on the line just south of town green station? As of a morning my train from maghull is slowing right down just before town green.
Yes jtd508110, 507003 was the unit involved at the Chester incident. Was onboard 508110 today from Formby-Hightown, it sounded a bit stiff on breaking.

Are there any ideas for what units are in/due for overhauls at the moment. And when the Network rail MPV will return to the rails of Merseyside!!
Normally the Network Rail MPV duties start around the 1st October , normally to coincide with the start of the leaf fall season , then they change the module at the end of that season for the De-icing module , the season end date for that is the 1st April , but can be extended if the weather doesnt relent .

Hopefully the winter is not as bad as some of the more winters we have had .
(27/09/2013 20:00)507 mad Wrote:  Yes jtd508110, 507003 was the unit involved at the Chester incident. Was onboard 508110 today from Formby-Hightown, it sounded a bit stiff on breaking.

Are there any ideas for what units are in/due for overhauls at the moment. And when the Network rail MPV will return to the rails of Merseyside!!

507031 has been in for overhaul, I don't think it's come out yet.
The MPV normally starts the first Monday in October
Loooks like stageviach are helping out with the rails as stagecoach are using there tridents on it.
(28/09/2013 15:34)motormayhem Wrote:  Loooks like stageviach are helping out with the rails as stagecoach are using there tridents on it.

I was told yesterday that Arriva have sub-contracted some of this weekends work as they didn't have enough drivers as they won both the Wirral and Northern line work.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)