Current time: 03/05/2024, 20:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
When Hamilton Square gets done there will have to be a replacement bus service running in a circle between Hamilton Sq - Conway Pk - Birkenhead Ctl and Hamilton Sq.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/08/2013 20:32)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(12/08/2013 20:23)507009 Wrote:  According to their Twitter feed of a month or so back, Moorfields is pencilled in to be refurbished but not immediately. Not sure about Hamilton Square, but Conway Park definitely won't be refurbished.
I've heard Hamilton square is refurbishment work is starting in October, if not October it will definitely be before the years out. Don't know how well this will go down around the Christmas period but I am sure we will soon see.

Both stations (Ham Sq / Moorfields) are getting refurbed next year. No dates as yet as the meeting to decide the dates has not yet taken place.

HTH
(13/08/2013 09:54)snowey Wrote:  
(12/08/2013 20:32)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(12/08/2013 20:23)507009 Wrote:  According to their Twitter feed of a month or so back, Moorfields is pencilled in to be refurbished but not immediately. Not sure about Hamilton Square, but Conway Park definitely won't be refurbished.
I've heard Hamilton square is refurbishment work is starting in October, if not October it will definitely be before the years out. Don't know how well this will go down around the Christmas period but I am sure we will soon see.

Both stations (Ham Sq / Moorfields) are getting refurbed next year. No dates as yet as the meeting to decide the dates has not yet taken place.

HTH

Had heard that moorfields will have to be done probably in stages due to the size of the station . If that is the case Moorfields will probably lose its interchange status for a short while .
(13/08/2013 10:30)wirralbus Wrote:  
(13/08/2013 09:54)snowey Wrote:  [quote='WidnesRuncornBus' pid='42233' dateline='1376339545']

HTH

Had heard that moorfields will have to be done probably in stages due to the size of the station . If that is the case Moorfields will probably lose its interchange status for a short while .
[/quote
My guess is they will close moorfeilds main entrance and keep old hall st open then vice versa for old hall st refurb then the northern and wirral line platforms passageways and escalators.
One of the Chester six cars was a three car to provide units for the Southport line .

Not all planned six cars for the Southport Line (Flower Show Diagrams ) operated today also , there was some six car workings though so it wasnt all doom and gloom.
Pretty poor service on the Southport line today, with a fair few of the formations 3 car. Not helpful on one of the busiest occasions of the year, with the sun belting down during the earlier part of the day. Decided to use the Stagecoach X2 to get to and from Southport instead of a rammed 507018. Was glad I did.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Was a traveller on the 23.01 West Kirby to Liverpool Central this evening on the notorious A level results night. 507002 did the honors (with a door out on the centre carriage.) The poor unit got torn apart by the wreckless thugs. Celling panels broken aand pulled down, newspapers, shards of glass, alcohol scattered over the seats and floors, seats and seat covers trashed! And I doubt many of them had tickets. The guard did a great job in dispatching the train safely and was assisted by an off duty guard from Kirkdale who stood further up the train and gave the thumbs up. I feel on these dutys with a vast number of drunken people, a second member of train crew should be used to assist the guard on duty with pre-planned events like this
(15/08/2013 23:26)jtd508110 Wrote:  Was a traveller on the 23.01 West Kirby to Liverpool Central this evening on the notorious A level results night. 507002 did the honors (with a door out on the centre carriage.) The poor unit got torn apart by the wreckless thugs. Celling panels broken aand pulled down, newspapers, shards of glass, alcohol scattered over the seats and floors, seats and seat covers trashed! And I doubt many of them had tickets. The guard did a great job in dispatching the train safely and was assisted by an off duty guard from Kirkdale who stood further up the train and gave the thumbs up. I feel on these dutys with a vast number of drunken people, a second member of train crew should be used to assist the guard on duty with pre-planned events like this

What pre-planned event?
(16/08/2013 22:25)507022 Wrote:  
(15/08/2013 23:26)jtd508110 Wrote:  Was a traveller on the 23.01 West Kirby to Liverpool Central this evening on the notorious A level results night. 507002 did the honors (with a door out on the centre carriage.) The poor unit got torn apart by the wreckless thugs. Celling panels broken aand pulled down, newspapers, shards of glass, alcohol scattered over the seats and floors, seats and seat covers trashed! And I doubt many of them had tickets. The guard did a great job in dispatching the train safely and was assisted by an off duty guard from Kirkdale who stood further up the train and gave the thumbs up. I feel on these dutys with a vast number of drunken people, a second member of train crew should be used to assist the guard on duty with pre-planned events like this

What pre-planned event?

That particular Thursday night was A Level Results Day .

How is 507002 now has it been repaired? i take it wouldnt have been in service yesterday?

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)