Current time: 01/05/2024, 17:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Had a nice ride on 507020 today (New Brighton line). It has superb growling traction motors in carriage 64424 - not a unit I've generally liked much but today's ride was great. Would possibly suggest 507011 may be the worst current 507. It's a bit slow in the speed department (noticeable on quicker sections of the Southport line today) and absolutely disgusting externally. Worst of a generally very good bunch, IMO.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It was fun and games on 508125 tonight! I was heading to visit my girlfriend on the last West Kirby train when a fight erupted at Hamilton Square. Someone was sick in between the carriages. I wish the security services would man the last trains to the wirral. I live in Liverpool, and reguarlu use the last Ormskirk trains and they are generally quiet . This was not the case tonight.
(28/06/2013 23:41)jtd508110 Wrote:  It was fun and games on 508125 tonight! I was heading to visit my girlfriend on the last West Kirby train when a fight erupted at Hamilton Square. Someone was sick in between the carriages. I wish the security services would man the last trains to the wirral. I live in Liverpool, and reguarlu use the last Ormskirk trains and they are generally quiet . This was not the case tonight.

I regularly use the last chester/ellesmere port trains and its theyre usually ok.

There are usually carlisle support staff around, but i agree a higher presence of them would be nicer in the evenings

I am no longer active on this forum.
There seems to be more problems on the services towards liverpool rather than away normally.
I would agree with that most of the time, but they now have Carlisle security on most late services into Liverpool. It is trains towards Wirral where I notoce the problem. I wonder who would be fined for the delay minutes, NR or MR?
If it was anything that didnt involve infrastructure then it would be Merseyrail that took the delay minutes
(30/06/2013 07:02)wirralbus Wrote:  If it was anything that didnt involve infrastructure then it would be Merseyrail that took the delay minutes

"Infrastructure" is rather vague in that, a person hit by a train, or a trespasser etc is associated with Network Rail, even if such person entered via a staffed station etc.

Contrary to popular belief, whilst all delays are "allocated", "compensation" is not always asked to be paid, especially for completely unplanned, but relatively minor delays.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
(30/06/2013 12:46)First Class Wrote:  
(30/06/2013 07:02)wirralbus Wrote:  If it was anything that didnt involve infrastructure then it would be Merseyrail that took the delay minutes

"Infrastructure" is rather vague in that, a person hit by a train, or a trespasser etc is associated with Network Rail, even if such person entered via a staffed station etc.

Contrary to popular belief, whilst all delays are "allocated", "compensation" is not always asked to be paid, especially for completely unplanned, but relatively minor delays.

First Class i think that some many people seem to blame the train operating company for most problems , even if it was the infrastructure owners problems , because the train operator is the public face of the railway.
More good reasons to re-nationalise.

“People's backyards are much more interesting than their front gardens, and houses that back on to railways are public benefactors.” - John Betjeman
Re-nationalising is not ever going to happen with a Tory administration , not with them being the ones that privatised the railways in the first place.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)