Current time: 29/03/2024, 00:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
News story on early running on Merseyrail HERE.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Being honest this is a regulating issue for Network Rail as well as an issue that Merseyrail's management will have to take up with the Traincrew manager , both have a responsibility to the train timetable .
(19/06/2012 08:22)snowey Wrote:  On Friday 6th / Saturday 7th / Sunday 8th July trains will now terminate and start @ James Street. A shuttle bus will be in operation between James St and St Georges Hall.

HTH

Snowey

On Friday 6th July , a saturday wirral service will operate not the Monday to Friday service
The problem is however, that since the closure of Liverpool Central and the resultant timetable change, services depart on the Southport direction from Moorfields, one minute later for some reason.

So you are taking out a station stop (Liverpool Central) and padding the timetable, early running is inevitable. But obviously traincrew shouldn't depart early anyway.
The timetable has had to be padded due to the fact that all services have to come from liverpool central be they a southport service or a Kirkby or Ormskirk service which uses the reversing siding and are now all using the same platform except in times of service disruption when both Moorfields platforms can be used , but during this work that sort of operation is being kept to an absolute minimum.
The Ormskirk/Kirkby trains have actually been turning around in Central station, not the reversing siding, from what I've seen. I've noticed a couple of times now on a Southport-bound train passing through Central an Ormskirk service reversing in platform 1.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(24/06/2012 19:32)507009 Wrote:  The Ormskirk/Kirkby trains have actually been turning around in Central station, not the reversing siding, from what I've seen. I've noticed a couple of times now on a Southport-bound train passing through Central an Ormskirk service reversing in platform 1.

You're right about that -almost all trains terminating at Moorfields go to the platform at Central that they would've used normally, to turn round, then come back to Moorfields.
Radio 2 was reporting delays and cancellations on Southport/Ormskirk services during evening peak.
I heared it was due to safety checks having to be made between Liverpool Central and Moorfields
(25/06/2012 22:55)jtd508110 Wrote:  I heared it was due to safety checks having to be made between Liverpool Central and Moorfields

A track circuit failure at Liverpool Central and another one between Liverpool Central and moorfields were the cause .

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)