Current time: 02/05/2024, 03:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
That will be because Merseytravel will have paid Network Rail the extra access charge for the additional three coaches . Everything has an access charge on the basis that a three car trains weighs less than a six car train obviously.

Think that both Merseytravel and Merseyrail are now looking beyond the 507/508 era.

Shortly they will probably have to look at infrastructure to see what needs to be done to accept any new stock .

Selective Door Opening will have to be looked at for Green Lane and Cressington , these are two places at least that will need to be looked at . Im sure the Selective Door Opening uses GPS technology.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Are you sure it uses GPS? It's not exactly fail safe! Isn't the onboard PIS GPS controlled? The number of times I've travelled from Central to Southport and every station as been announced as Sandhills makes me think this isn't a good idea... Would have thought beacons in the track might make more sense, similar to the correct side door enable on LU.
Merseyrail are running some additional services from Aintree to Liverpool following the racing and entertainment that is on tonight.
(14/06/2013 19:21)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseyrail are running some additional services from Aintree to Liverpool following the racing and entertainment that is on tonight.

Lets hope Merseyrail hasn't overlooked the Chester Rocks music festival taking place this Saturday and Sunday!

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Rode 507021 for the first time since its return to service. Wow what a great unit it still is! Great turn of speed, very loud traction motors. Top unit! Today, there was a unit broke down at moorfields northern line, any ideas which unit was the culprit?
The unit that broke down at Moorfields was 507009
Merseyrail services having a bad day on the Wirral Line , signalling problems James st.
Saw quite a few units today, including 507021 which definitely still rides well but I noticed the nameplate is yet to be replaced despite overhaul. I wonder when they intend to replace the vinyl plates on those four 507s? The vinyls still look OK except on 507004 where one has been missing for a long time - saw this one on the Southport line today. 507001 was also on there and provided two cracking rides either side of evening peak. It had a slight wheelflat but this actually made the journey that bit more interesting, along with its great turn of speed.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
507021 also retained its darker spotlights over some of the doors. 507002 has been on the west Kirby/ new brighton lines a lot this week. Car 64368 still makes that whiney noise! I know it is air pockets, but it makes it sound just like a mk3 coach, especially at stations like Hamilton Square
507028 was taken out of service today on the West Kirby line at about 12:45 today and replaced by 508104. Anyone know what was up with it?

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)