Current time: 01/05/2024, 00:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Changing the subjet slightly, It seems to have gone pretty quiet with regards to the new rolling stock. Does anyone know whats happening?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/02/2013 15:36)jtd508110 Wrote:  Changing the subjet slightly, It seems to have gone pretty quiet with regards to the new rolling stock. Does anyone know whats happening?

An option has been selected as far as I know, (Class 37x Electrostar). This was reported by Network Rail.

Funding and procurement negotiations are being arranged now at a very senior/governmental level.

Network Rail, Merseyrail, the other TOCs and Passenger Focus need to assess the impact of new rolling stock on the infrastructure.

When SWT introduced the Desiro fleet, new substations, signalling alterations and track renewals were required, as well as expanded depot facilities.

Hooton-Chester would not have sufficient electrical capacity for anything other than the current stock. You would have to change the speed to something like 30mph, (currently 70), or add new feeds.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
The problem with the electrification of the Ellesmere Port line is that the line is fed from Hooton substation as First class states there would probably have to have another substation somewhere in the Ellesmere Port area which would help if the line happened to go into 'E' coinditions .

On the Chester line this one is strange because the substation is at Mollington which is a bit central for the line .
(28/02/2013 07:32)MX12CFE Wrote:  The southport and hunts cross lines were disrupted yesterday due to person hit by a train in the crosby area which unfortunatley was fatal my thoughts are with the deceaseds family and the train crew and passengers at this sad time.Trains ran from hunts cross to liverpool from where a replacement bus ran to hall road anyone know the unit involved?
the train was a 6 car unit and it happen between waterloo and seaforth same place where it happen last time feel sorry for the family of driver involved and family of the person who died
Just to make it clear 507001 was lead unit of the first service out of Southport .

The unit stopped at the scene was not involved in the incident , but im led to believe was examining the line .
Poor soul R.I.P. and thoughts with the crew as well. This is a terrible death and i know as i have been onboard 507001 5 years ago at seaforth and litherland when an accident related to this occured. And i dont how the emergency services deal with that kind of accident thoughts to them.
(28/02/2013 22:37)507 mad Wrote:  Poor soul R.I.P. and thoughts with the crew as well. This is a terrible death and i know as i have been onboard 507001 5 years ago at seaforth and litherland when an accident related to this occured. And i dont how the emergency services deal with that kind of accident thoughts to them.

As far as I know the BTP are still investigating the circumstances. It is not confirmed he was hit by a train, just that a train driver found the corpse.

Perhaps not wise to speculate at this time as to cause of death.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
was the corpse by where the train was stopped if it was the person has maybe jumped and died on impact, i live by there and the bridge is quite a drop
(28/02/2013 15:36)jtd508110 Wrote:  Changing the subjet slightly, It seems to have gone pretty quiet with regards to the new rolling stock. Does anyone know whats happening?

A new fleet project team as now appeared in Rail House this week.
507032 in service since wednesday looking lovely and clean. its been on southport duties since returning into service

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)