Current time: 02/05/2024, 18:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Hi, am new here but I come with information!

The failed train at Hamilton sq, the 2201 West Kirby-West Kirby, suffered a shoegear fire, which in turn caused a fire alarm activation and the station has been evacuated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well everything seems to be back to normal this morning on both the Wirral and Northern Lines. That is good news.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Four route proving runs where done during the early hours.

Birkenhead North - West kirby - Newbrighton .

Rock ferry - Birkenhead Central - Chester - Hooton - Ellesmere Port - Rock Ferry.

Southport - Hunts Cross - Southport

Kirkdale - Ormskirk - sandhills - kirkby - Kirkdale .

The routes taken may not be in entirely correct order , but thats what was booked for the route provers.
There is planned engineering work today between Birkenhead North and West Kirby .

Selected journeys where booked to operate to Bidston to connect with Borderlands services to Wrexham , but with services presently suspended between Bidston and Wrexham Central it is highly likely that these services will also terminate at Birkenhead North as well as connections onto Rail Replacement will be easier.
was onboard the 13:28 service to hunts cross yesterday afternoon formed of 508104 but due to an electrical fault with the pick up gear (caused by the snow the day before!) we terminated at sandhills, we were informed leaving bootle oriel road and bank hall. So when we arrived at sandhills me and my mother left the train we were on the first coach but the guard come on again frustrated telling people on the third coach to leave the train immediatley the first and second were empty already, people started argueing with the crew onboard and because of those ignorant people a massive traffic jam grown causing major delays, we boarded 507009 to central from kirkby 10 minutes late, does anybody know what the replacement unit was. and what are route provers?
Route provers are used to clear snow and ice build up from the third rail , particulary they are used in time of extreme cold weather .
Due to an electrical supply problem, services between Hooton and Chester are replaced by road transport.

The first wave of Merseyrail disruption occurred around 1800, and the issue was temporarily resolved, until the 2030 service was cancelled and the line suspended until 2230.

One train got stranded between Chester and Bache for over 1 hour, fully loaded.

No electricity supply.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
508104 back in service on the hunts cross line today after taking it's turn, what unit's are used on route provers?
A route prover is usually a 6 car , formed from any of the units that are available for traffic that day from either Kirkdale , Birkenhead North and Rock Ferry .
0820 Ormskirk - liverpool will today be formed of three coaches , the units that formed the 6 car 0705 Ormskirk - Liverpool service has developed a fault .

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)