Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
But the Merseyrail RHTT is used on both the North and South Wirral .

If the Bidston - Wrexham RHTT worked onto the Merseyrail system beyond Bidston it would cause chaos at Birkenhead North due to the frequency of the service . RHTT does have preference over normal service because of the nature of there operation in safety related matters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/10/2012 14:24)wirralbus Wrote:  But the Merseyrail RHTT is used on both the North and South Wirral .

If the Bidston - Wrexham RHTT worked onto the Merseyrail system beyond Bidston it would cause chaos at Birkenhead North due to the frequency of the service . RHTT does have preference over normal service because of the nature of there operation in safety related matters.

They run after hours, early hours!
The Bidston - Wrexham RHTT is in the early morning , but is subject to other considerations on its route , I know because i have relatives who live on the line of the route in the Neston and it makes one heck of a racket as it is on an emabankment at that point , on a route that usually sees two trains every hour its a bit of a shock.
The Shrewsbury-Bidston via Wrexham/Shotton RHTT is supposedly booked to traverse the West Kirby and New Brighton lines. I don't know whether this is frequently curtailed for whatever reason, (late running maybe?), or whether it might be a route knowledge issue with DRS crew.
saw a bradshaw roadrailer yesterday with a couple of wagons and trolleys containing the new cable holders parked in the old depot siding at hall road for the new cable laying scheme.
when is this happening as i have had the new cable holders laided next to track near mine for a few weeks now
On Saturday evening, the 18.54 from Liverpool South Parkway to Southport was unusually advertised on the caption boards as starting from platform 5 (normally the Hunts Cross-bound platform). A PA announcement added weight to the suggestion, mentioning the "platform alteration". In the event, however, 507010 trundled in as usual on platform 6 cueing a mad dash for a fair number of passengers over the bridge. Once the staff had been informed, they moved to delay 010's departure until we had all boarded. An odd and needlessly stressful experience.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
funny thing is i was getting that train on saturday with my sister to get home was a pain in the arse to switch platforms
507002 failed at Birkenhead Central with suspected MA fault on the 2249 Ep- Ep
I was on 507002 yesterday and it sounded and felt dreadful! It could do with some work on the interior and on the underframe of the carriage as it seems to be getting worse

User(s) browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)