Current time: 03/05/2024, 06:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
I'm sure there would be a railtour of some sort. They will be around 40 years old, if not more, by the time they are eventually withdrawn, so it's quite a significant occasion in the history of Merseyside's railways.

When the time comes, if I can help with saving 001 from the scrapyard, I definitely will. Some sort of preservation group might be worth considering in a few years time.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wirral line services starting and terminating at birkenhead north and birkenhead central this morning due to a failed train between hamilton square and james st a rail replacement bus service has been requested to run between birkenhead north/central and liverpool anyone know which unit is the failure? Also spotted 507002 stabled at kirkdale depot this morning it looks good.
(01/10/2012 06:51)MX12CFE Wrote:  Wirral line services starting and terminating at birkenhead north and birkenhead central this morning due to a failed train between hamilton square and james st a rail replacement bus service has been requested to run between birkenhead north/central and liverpool anyone know which unit is the failure? Also spotted 507002 stabled at kirkdale depot this morning it looks good.

It was thought to be a failed train but actually turned out to be a fault with the live rail
(01/10/2012 08:01)ls1911 Wrote:  
(01/10/2012 06:51)MX12CFE Wrote:  Wirral line services starting and terminating at birkenhead north and birkenhead central this morning due to a failed train between hamilton square and james st a rail replacement bus service has been requested to run between birkenhead north/central and liverpool anyone know which unit is the failure? Also spotted 507002 stabled at kirkdale depot this morning it looks good.

It was thought to be a failed train but actually turned out to be a fault with the live rail

NR had failed to attach 2 cables together after overnight engineering work.
Only problem is were would you keep the train if it was preserved. Places like the East Lancs Railway would be brilliant butit wouldnt be possible due to them needing 3rd rail pick up
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
just been looking at the driver training video on youtube and was wondering is ML59 at bank hall a green and red signal or a yellow and red signal like at southport or ormskirk for example.

and i do agree if anything happens like a preservation group which saved a class 502 i think 507001 should be the unit preserved as its my favourite merseyrail unit and other people on this forum seem to agree.
found photos i forgot i took on my old phone and their of tamper DR73916 stabled in the old depot siding at hall road. the date they were taken was during october 2010, it was the same time the new third rail was delivered at hall road, any other ideas why it might of been here?

Wink
(01/10/2012 11:53)507 mad Wrote:  just been looking at the driver training video on youtube and was wondering is ML59 at bank hall a green and red signal or a yellow and red signal like at southport or ormskirk for example.

and i do agree if anything happens like a preservation group which saved a class 502 i think 507001 should be the unit preserved as its my favourite merseyrail unit and other people on this forum seem to agree.

ML57 is a 3-aspect green-yellow-red signal with 1 route indicator to the left.
No route indicator is Down Southport
Route indicator lights up when route is set for Down and Up Goods (UDG)

ML59 is a 2-aspect green-red signal, with 2 route indicators to the left.
Route 1 is Down Southport
Route 2 is Down and Up Goods (UDG)
507002 on the New Brighton Line today. First day in service on wirral line?
does anybody know how long it will be before the merseyrail network will see a network rail MPV
i know some of times on the southport line but does anybody know the full times of when it visits the southport line?

thanks

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)