Current time: 08/05/2024, 13:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(26/03/2022 16:56)508134 Wrote:  Do we think the return of the 15 min service will still likely to go ahead from 11th April, there have been quite a few cancellations due to a shortage of train crew over the past week?
I hope it does return, would be great to see again.

The sensible thing would be to stick with the current timetable to be honest, the struggle with staff is ongoing. But I think it's more political than anything now meaning its very likely to go ahead regardless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/03/2022 18:21)ls1911 Wrote:  The sensible thing would be to stick with the current timetable to be honest, the struggle with staff is ongoing. But I think it's more political than anything now meaning its very likely to go ahead regardless.

The problem is now at certain times of the day , the services on some of the lines can not now cope with the amount of passengers travelling.
(27/03/2022 08:39)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem is now at certain times of the day , the services on some of the lines can not now cope with the amount of passengers travelling.

On the other hand, if they were to go back to a 15 min service, there would be more 3 cars out so that wouldn’t help the amount of travellers either
I must say I wonder if there will be a sudden national reduction in self-isolating when the weather breaks tomorrow. I'd love to see the stats for the numbers self-isolating on Fridays and Saturday and resuming on Monday after a negative test - of course there's little employers can do to prevent it as any culprits would just take the full fortnight.
Has there been an upgrade to the signalling system at Sandhills control centre?
Yes, it was done last weekend
(31/03/2022 19:20)507022 Wrote:  Yes, it was done last weekend

Why the upgrade.....to do with the new trains?
I would say yes because the equipment on new trains no matter which rail operator they are for, can and sometimes does interfere with signalling equipment which can lead to signal or train failures I would imagine.

Its like when the 507 and 508 units were ordered and purchased respectively as the 508s were not new to merseyrail. The 3rd rail power supply had to be upgraded to supply 750 volts to the 3rd rail instead of 650 volts as it was for the 502 & 503 units.
It looks as though there has been a change of plan regarding the return of the 15 min timetable. It appears the current timetable will remain in place until the May timetable change (at the earliest).

Slight changes next Thur-Sat due to the Grand National festival at Aintree.
Covid cases are too high at the moment to contemplate going back to a 15 min service. The timetable change next month seems the earliest time to change

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)