Current time: 30/04/2024, 02:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(27/11/2021 23:17)507022 Wrote:  No, the units at Crewe are for storage only. Any modifications on those in the UK will be done by Stadler at Kirkdale.
Are the units being modified to have guard panels being fitted, as has been suggested elsewhere?
I don't remember seeing these on 777010 when it was on show at the open day and this unit has been accepted by Merseytravel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/11/2021 23:25)508134 Wrote:  Are the units being modified to have guard panels being fitted, as has been suggested elsewhere?
I don't remember seeing these on 777010 when it was on show at the open day and this unit has been accepted by Merseytravel.

Are you referring to the panel to stop the yobs from “surfing” on the units?
If so, that wasn’t part of the spec so I suspect it will be done later at Kirkdale before they enter passenger service
(28/11/2021 12:54)507022 Wrote:  Are you referring to the panel to stop the yobs from “surfing” on the units?
If so, that wasn’t part of the spec so I suspect it will be done later at Kirkdale before they enter passenger service
No, I haven't heard anything about that. My understanding of guard panels was to control door operation, has a decision been made yet on what the role of the guard will be on the new trains?
(28/11/2021 14:14)508134 Wrote:  No, I haven't heard anything about that. My understanding of guard panels was to control door operation, has a decision been made yet on what the role of the guard will be on the new trains?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
No decision has been made yet over the role of guards, talks with the RMT union are ongoing I believe
Another attempt tonight to bring 777016/018 from Crewe to Kirkdale and take 2 tested units in the opposite direction.
The move has been cancelled on the two previous nights
(02/12/2021 20:54)507022 Wrote:  Another attempt tonight to bring 777016/018 from Crewe to Kirkdale and take 2 tested units in the opposite direction.
The move has been cancelled on the two previous nights

Believed to be 56091 and 56302

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
RTT showing trains on boxing day - including Cl.1s to West Kirby! Not quite sure why as other routes also missing stops.
(11/12/2021 20:20)mikestone Wrote:  RTT showing trains on boxing day - including Cl.1s to West Kirby! Not quite sure why as other routes also missing stops.

The class 1s on the West Kirby line are to do with the number of level crossings on the Meols to West Kirby stretch, to ensure the signallers keep minimum disruption to road/foot trafficwith the limited stop pattern
I heard at the start of this year that the engineering project over the Christmas-New year period of 2021 was working on the reversing siding at Liverpool Central to sort the problems with this siding and 8 car 777 units.
I take it this project is now not taking place at the moment, does anyone happen to know why and when this work may next be taking place?
(19/12/2021 18:29)508134 Wrote:  I heard at the start of this year that the engineering project over the Christmas-New year period of 2021 was working on the reversing siding at Liverpool Central to sort the problems with this siding and 8 car 777 units.
I take it this project is now not taking place at the moment, does anyone happen to know why and when this work may next be taking place?

There was no engineering work planned for the festive period. The platform lengthening work at the remaining stations will be done during 2022, but no dates have been agreed with Network Rail yet.
The reversing siding at Liverpool Central has also to be done, but this will have to carefully negotiated as it will cause operational difficulties.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)