Current time: 08/05/2024, 06:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(02/03/2021 08:47)507022 Wrote:  With a 30 min service after 1900 hours

And on Sundays, the 20min service is Monday to Saturday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Surpridsed to see Chester is also every 20 minutes, but Ellesmere Port remains every 20 - has this previously been the case?
(02/03/2021 20:10)mikestone Wrote:  Surpridsed to see Chester is also every 20 minutes, but Ellesmere Port remains every 20 - has this previously been the case?

I think you mean the Ellesmere Pt services remain 30 minutes.
Also on Sundays, the Chester and Ellesmere Pt services are both 30 minutes but interwork until about 2230
This is the first 20 min service on the Wirral for a prolonged period.
Yes I did - now amended.
Looking at the sunday timetable , all that will result in is Justin Madders MP Ellesmere Port and Neston inbox being full of complaints how the Ellesmere port service has been turned back at Hooton due to severe late running on its inward journey , all you have managed to do is move the 4 minute turn round from Chester to Ellesmere Port.
It’s to even the times at Chester (8 mins) and Ellesmere Pt (6 mins) so that interior cleaning can be done
Concerning footage of someone Train Surfing..

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...Uu1JyYMvio

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I watched it and I cannot believe he was so utterly stupid for use of a better terminology.

I am also completely mystified as to how he managed to get into 1 of the middle cabs without being seen by either staff or on CCTV.

I have to say here that I hope the police see it and wipe the floor with him, totally deserves it for his utterly reckless and dangerous actions.
(04/03/2021 18:24)507022 Wrote:  It’s to even the times at Chester (8 mins) and Ellesmere Pt (6 mins) so that interior cleaning can be done

8 mins at Chester is just about do-able if the service can keep to time , 6 minutes at Ellesmere Port has all the hallmarks of turning at Hooton , the last time Ellesmere Port had such short turnbacks 7 minutes in the time of 3 way workings with the rest of the system this didnt work out with 5 or 6 cancellations a day , not good for PPM figures .
(04/03/2021 22:50)wirralbus Wrote:  8 mins at Chester is just about do-able if the service can keep to time , 6 minutes at Ellesmere Port has all the hallmarks of turning at Hooton , the last time Ellesmere Port had such short turnbacks 7 minutes in the time of 3 way workings with the rest of the system this didnt work out with 5 or 6 cancellations a day , not good for PPM figures .

If there’s not enough time at Ellesmere Pt the cleaning could be finished on the journey between there and Hooton. The number of passengers on the train at Ellesmere Port would be relatively lower than at Chester

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)