Current time: 04/05/2024, 12:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(01/11/2018 16:57)507009 Wrote:  Today marks 40 years since the Class 507s entered passenger service. Fittingly, 507001, the unit which worked the first passenger service back on 1st November 1978, was my train to work this morning. It formed the 08.13 Southport - Hunts Cross service with 508104.

It's deliberate not coincidence this happened.507002 is on the Aintree line coupled to 508138 and 507003 is on the Kirkby line.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/11/2018 16:59)Gordon V Wrote:  It's deliberate not coincidence this happened.507002 is on the Aintree line coupled to 508138 and 507003 is on the Kirkby line.

Thanks Gordon. A nice nod to the past from Merseyrail there.
(01/11/2018 17:01)507009 Wrote:  Thanks Gordon. A nice nod to the past from Merseyrail there.

Yes,indeed!
With the Rugby match at Anfield and the fireworks on the waterfront, i was on a crammed 3 car West Kirby service this evening, pretty poor being a Sunday it was only 3 car.
To be fair, I didnt see any other services, was there any strengthing?
(05/11/2018 00:04)N271CKB Wrote:  With the Rugby match at Anfield and the fireworks on the waterfront, i was on a crammed 3 car West Kirby service this evening, pretty poor being a Sunday it was only 3 car.
To be fair, I didnt see any other services, was there any strengthing?

Yes,Southport and New Brighton were 6 cars
Southport services are normally strengthened on a sunday when there is events on as a 30 min timetable with three cars is unsustainable.
(05/11/2018 10:04)wirralbus Wrote:  Southport services are normally strengthened on a sunday when there is events on as a 30 min timetable with three cars is unsustainable.

As most Sunday services operate a thirty-minute frequency, I don't understand why all services aren't 6-car. Sunday is no longer "a day of rest" and there is always some big event going on within Livepool city centre.
(05/11/2018 10:52)Barney Wrote:  As most Sunsay services operate a thirty-minute frequency, I don't understand why all services aren't 6-car. Sunday is no longer "a day of rest" and there is always some big event going on within Livepool city centre.

Cost and mileage...
My Brother and I had a thought yesterday that it would be nice if a 507 or 508 or a couple of them were painted back into their original BR blue and silver livery before they start getting withdrawn when the class 777s start arriving to replace them. Also wonder if a farewell tour will be planned for the 507/508s as was done with their predecessors the 502/503s?
To comply with DDA regs the door would be a different colour if they did that , but im sure a 313 was painted like that so could be a possibility , you should put a pen to paper or email them and Merseytravel and see what they say .

User(s) browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)