Current time: 03/05/2024, 01:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Photos of the new Merseyrail units at this link

https://mobile.twitter.com/LiverpoolTwee...5448382465

Nice comfortable looking seats,not.

Also a bit of seats not lining up to the windows to add to the ambiance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The not lining up of seats with windows , is to get as many uni-directional seats in as possible .

These days new trains do seem to have seats that are not very comfortable , it will be a case yet again of wait and see.
(27/06/2018 20:14)Gordon V Wrote:  Photos of the new Merseyrail units at this link

https://mobile.twitter.com/LiverpoolTwee...5448382465

Nice comfortable looking seats,not.

Also a bit of seats not lining up to the windows to add to the ambiance
Is the unit in the pictures a mock up or is it an actual unit in build? Thanks.
(28/06/2018 06:31)MX12CFE Wrote:  Is the unit in the pictures a mock up or is it an actual unit in build? Thanks.

Mock up so I have been advised
I think in my opinion that when the new train order was placed that the order should have been for 312 bogie coaches to create 52 x 6 car sets.

I like the idea of being able to walk through from 1 end to the other with no coach - coach doors to navugate through, BUT for me, the coaches need to be roughly the length of the current 507/508 cars, however, the difference is that because the units would have been 2 x driving cars + 4 trailers ( 1 or 2 with extra motors and shoe gear to cope with the weight.

The other advantage of a permanently formed 6 car set is that the entire unit can be at least 12 - 18 inches shorter because there would be no tightlock couplers mid set.

In short my idea was for units like the recent S stock sets but as 6 car instead of 7 or 8 like in London.

I am all for the level access idea too but I also go with my suggestion that the new units would have been better as detailed above.

My main concern with the 4 car units that were ordered is that at least 1 section does not have doors on it, so with that point in mind I would have to ask whether a full 4 car unit could be evacuated quickly enough in the event of an emergency on board.
There is one door in the leading and rear coaches and two in the two middle coaches , the length of the coaches are shorter as well , so should make the curves on the liverpool a little easier on the ears .
(28/06/2018 14:37)wirralbus Wrote:  There is one door in the leading and rear coaches and two in the two middle coaches , the length of the coaches are shorter as well , so should make the curves on the liverpool a little easier on the ears .

There's also the door next to the cab at each of the unit
(28/06/2018 10:09)Gordon V Wrote:  Mock up so I have been advised

Thanks for that. Heard the Mock up will be put on display in Liverpool at some point.
What are the milestones for these class 777 trains .

i.e When is the first unit due for testing ?

When does the first Class 507/508 set get Withdrawn ?

What is the contracted date that all 507/508 units have to be withdrawn by ?

Are the 507/508 units getting disability mods to allow them to still be in service after the start of 2020 ?
(30/06/2018 04:56)wirralbus Wrote:  What are the milestones for these class 777 trains .

i.e When is the first unit due for testing ?

When does the first Class 507/508 set get Withdrawn ?

What is the contracted date that all 507/508 units have to be withdrawn by ?

Are the 507/508 units getting disability mods to allow them to still be in service after the start of 2020 ?

The first 777 unit is due early 2019. This will then have 6 months worth of night testing on the Kirkby line. As long as this goes OK it's be8ng claimed the new units will then be delivered at the rate of one a week.
I'm pretty sure come 2020 there will be some 507/8 units still in service prob with an exemption.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)