Current time: 04/05/2024, 07:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
507012 is in the same situation as 507002 and is now awaiting parts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
what part are they if anyone has anymore info on it
Various bits and pieces, I believe to do with the cabs and interior. Can't be more specific sorry!

The parts come from Unipart Rail though which source (or at least used to) most products from China/India AFAIK.

Light Maintenance
Air Systems
Bearings
Braking systems
Catering equipment
Compressors
Couplers
Drivers Direction Switches
Electrical equipment
Friction products
Glass
Hydraulic hoses
Interiors
LED Lighting
Pantographs
Rubber/Metal bushes
Seating
SmartSander for Rail Adhesion
TCA Aerial (Track Circuit Assistor)
Traction Products
Train Protection Systems (AWS & TPWS)
Washroom Facilities
Wheelsets

Heavy Maintenance
Bogie Overhaul
Engines
Gearboxes
M.A. Sets
Material Kits
Traction Motors
Wheelsets

Safety
Cyalume Emergency
Light Sticks
first that is good enough mate is there anything stopping them being used in service tho till the parts come
I can't see the point of sending 012 to Kilmarnock for classified overhaul, if when it comes back it can't go into service. As has been mentioned, waiting for parts is not a good reason to not put it back into service, unless these are vital components and not for modifications, in which case why send it to Kilmarnock if they haven't got the parts!
(07/08/2012 22:41)507022 Wrote:  I can't see the point of sending 012 to Kilmarnock for classified overhaul, if when it comes back it can't go into service. As has been mentioned, waiting for parts is not a good reason to not put it back into service, unless these are vital components and not for modifications, in which case why send it to Kilmarnock if they haven't got the parts!

My understanding is that it went for a partial classified overhaul with stuff like bogies and couplers (i.e the time consuming stuff) etc etc getting done but the smaller stuff was always going to be done at North.
The only change that I have noticed in the units is the dva. What else has been done to them since 2009?
What seems to happen at North in addition to renewal of couplers and bogies is just a general unit tidy-up. The front ends are deep cleaned (and in the case of 508138, missing 'M's crudely replaced), the interiors have their most faded trims replaced and stickers are updated (the "Smile" CCTV ones in the doors for instance).

With the units having been around for nearly 34 years now, little had changed technically in recent years. Kilmarnock seemed to take rather a long time in overhauling 507012, especially if it is true that not all the work was carried out there. Overhauls are usually done monthly from Birkenhead.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
507012 is showing as currently at Birkenhead North for a C3 overhaul.
What other units are NFS at the moment first class? Surely they can't afford these to be out much longer as others start to fail. One would hope that there isn't another unit out long term such as 508 143 with a PIBT.

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)