Current time: 03/05/2024, 15:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(05/08/2012 17:51)jtd508110 Wrote:  507 012 is outside bhead depot... well 2 cars of it are, third maybe third one only came by road. Looks shiny and fresh!

1st coach was outside North at 07.45 when I passed and unloading started around 08.30 and fininshed roughly 10.15. I left North at 10.40 and the middle coach was heading towards North passing the station.

The yellow on the axle box covers were still wet.

3rd coach is due today sometime.

HTH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Does this mean that it could be entering service soon? I wonder why they didnt just finish 002 off in Kilmarnock?
They just got 507002 back to the state it was in prior to the incident at Kirkdale , any alterations on top of that would have to be made at its own depot as the accident repair would come from one budget and any alterations and amendments since 2009 would have to come from another budget probably.
(06/08/2012 13:49)wirralbus Wrote:  They just got 507002 back to the state it was in prior to the incident at Kirkdale , any alterations on top of that would have to be made at its own depot as the accident repair would come from one budget and any alterations and amendments since 2009 would have to come from another budget probably.

I would have thought that the damage at Kirkdale would have been sorted by a compo claim and this would not include any other planned upgrades??
i think thats what WB is trying to say. the accident damag was fixed by the insurers but anything else merseyrail have to fork out for
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Does anyone know what train failed this morning at bhead north at around 07:00 - 08:00
507011 became gapped at Birkenhead North on a New Brighton working.
Sorry but what is gapped? And if it was on its way to New Brighton, couldn't they have just used plt 3 or was it going to Liverpool?
(07/08/2012 11:06)jtd508110 Wrote:  Sorry but what is gapped? And if it was on its way to New Brighton, couldn't they have just used plt 3 or was it going to Liverpool?

Basically its when a train is working on half power& the working shoe loses contact with the live rail.
It was a service from New Brighton that had terminated at birkenhead North due to a fault& then became gapped when shunting from platform 2 to 3.
Ahh, thanks for info

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)