Current time: 28/03/2024, 12:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(04/06/2012 22:49)507022 Wrote:  
(04/06/2012 07:50)wirralbus Wrote:  Liverpool Lime Street im led to believe but the start date may not be the date they first planned though

It's James St Platform 1 next, which I believe starts early September

Correct. And I understand that it's due to re-open the 3rd week in January but a lot of recovery has been built in to this platform work and it "may" be open before xmas.

507002 is due out W/C 08.07.2012 (subject to all the work being completed in time).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/06/2012 08:21)snowey Wrote:  
(04/06/2012 22:49)507022 Wrote:  
(04/06/2012 07:50)wirralbus Wrote:  Liverpool Lime Street im led to believe but the start date may not be the date they first planned though

It's James St Platform 1 next, which I believe starts early September

Correct. And I understand that it's due to re-open the 3rd week in January but a lot of recovery has been built in to this platform work and it "may" be open before xmas.

507002 is due out W/C 08.07.2012 (subject to all the work being completed in time).

I do hope there is some contingency measures in the event of the Liverpool loop being unavailable as James Street platform 2 will be unable to cope on its own and would require the service to be cut down to cope , but we are only talking if the loop becomes unavailable .

Any idea when Moorfields is included in this refurbishment programme .
Do we know if the Liverpool Central Refurb is on schedule! (thanks for the previous responses)

Cool Life is for living !
(05/06/2012 19:32)Its a hobby Wrote:  Do we know if the Liverpool Central Refurb is on schedule! (thanks for the previous responses)

It is running ahead of schedule, but there is still a lot to do. The biggest job being the removal and replacement of 4 escalators and demolition of their respective motor rooms...
(06/06/2012 18:34)First Class Wrote:  
(05/06/2012 19:32)Its a hobby Wrote:  Do we know if the Liverpool Central Refurb is on schedule! (thanks for the previous responses)

It is running ahead of schedule, but there is still a lot to do. The biggest job being the removal and replacement of 4 escalators and demolition of their respective motor rooms...

Thats good that they are ahead of schedule, Do we know how logistically they will get the escalators in, will it be via train?

(06/06/2012 18:46)Its a hobby Wrote:  
(06/06/2012 18:34)First Class Wrote:  

Thats good that they are ahead of schedule, Do we know how logistically they will get the escalators in, will it be via train?

Yep. Several Northern Line possessions due.

10 June 2012 - Lines blocked Hunts Cross - Sandhills
17 June 2012 - Lines blocked Hunts Cross - Sandhills

+ various late night movements...
It would be nice to see them being brought in. I have seen the video on loveliverpoolcentral website of some of the works, but this just shows the outside work being done by the disabled lift from the Wirral Line via Northern Line, it looks like this is being made indoor now. I hope they make this lift bigger if possible, as presently its too small. One pram and its full.

I saw a driver training video on you tube recently from the days when merseyrail was ran by arriva. It showed cab footage of various parts of the network including the stock interchange line from James Street to Central. I did not realise that this is still double track to the near the end, although only one side of the track is used. You can see the new tunnell wall from the tube linking central to moorfields. There was also a video produced showing the coupling and uncoupling of the 507 / 508 train sets. If anyone is intereted I will post a link.

This is all prob common knowledge to you first class ! lol

(06/06/2012 20:57)Its a hobby Wrote:  I saw a driver training video on you tube recently from the days when merseyrail was ran by arriva. It showed cab footage of various parts of the network including the stock interchange line from James Street to Central. I did not realise that this is still double track to the near the end, although only one side of the track is used. You can see the new tunnell wall from the tube linking central to moorfields. There was also a video produced showing the coupling and uncoupling of the 507 / 508 train sets. If anyone is intereted I will post a link.

Just found that video, its really interesting. Thanks for letting us know about it!
There is some more train naming going to be happening soon, the late Stuart Mason who was the operations inspector is one that I have seen mentioned in the press. Any ideas of what train it will be? Maybe 002 or 012?
It's great to see Stuart Mason having a train named in his honour. A top bloke by all accounts. He appears in the excellent Railscene Merseyrail north and south cab rides and really brings them to life with his knowledge of the railway and its locations.

From the Southport Visiter website:

Quote:A LIFELONG and dedicated railway man will be remembered with a train named in his honour.

Merseyrail operations inspector Stuart Mason was just 57 when he died last year, after a short battle with cancer.

Stuart joins illustrious names such as ex-LFC manager Bob Paisley and Everton FC legend Dixie Dean in having a train named after him.

Trains are also being named in honour of The Beatles, former PM Harold Wilson and historian William Roscoe.

So we have apparently four more named units on the horizon: The Beatles is frustratingly predicable really, and was a planned naming for 2008. I know Harold Wilson was MP for the Huyton area, but generally about as scouse as Boris Johnson. No qualms at all with the Roscoe naming, though - a good choice.

It will be interesting to see which units are selected to receive the nameplates. It usually seems to be the smarter sets externally, so the likes of 507008, 507019 and 507024 are good bets. I wonder if 508111 will be named "The Beatles"? It's in the right livery for it.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)