Current time: 24/04/2024, 19:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
They are consiustently missing Liverpool Central and Moorfields if they develop technical glitches , which im sure the locals on the Kirkby think the 507/8 are a trite more reliable .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Managed to catch the first passenger working of the class 777 fleet on the Ormskirk line this morning.
It was worked by 777049.
Mon-Wed this week, a 777 is booked to work on the Ormskirk line the following;
0716 Liverpool Central to Ormskirk
0804 Ormskirk to Liverpool Central
0846 Liverpool Central to Ormskirk
It then works ECS to Kirkdale depot to be replaced by a class 507/508. Today this was 508125.

I believe a class 777 will also be working a Aintree-Liverpool Central shuttle during the Aintree races Thur-Sat this week all being well.
The number of 777s is expected to increase on the Ormskirk line from next week, again all being well.
(10/04/2023 13:21)wirralbus Wrote:  They are consiustently missing Liverpool Central and Moorfields if they develop technical glitches , which im sure the locals on the Kirkby think the 507/8 are a trite more reliable .

They’ll turn back in Sandhills reverser in case Liverpool Central becomes blocked by it and it’s only a short journey to the depot
(10/04/2023 15:47)508134 Wrote:  Managed to catch the first passenger working of the class 777 fleet on the Ormskirk line this morning.
It was worked by 777049.
It then works ECS to Kirkdale depot to be replaced by a class 507/508. Today this was 508125.

I believe a class 777 will also be working a Aintree-Liverpool Central shuttle during the Aintree races Thur-Sat this week all being well.
The number of 777s is expected to increase on the Ormskirk line from next week, again all being well.

they cant operate in multiple yet can they ?
(10/04/2023 15:47)508134 Wrote:  Managed to catch the first passenger working of the class 777 fleet on the Ormskirk line this morning.
It was worked by 777049.

As mentioned in post#3768 777013 is the designated unit for one of the Aintree shuttles.
As you rightly point out, three of the six Ormskirk circuits are going over to 777 operation from the 17th April, all being well, and all of the Sunday trains from the 22nd
(10/04/2023 16:19)wirralbus Wrote:  they cant operate in multiple yet can they ?

Physically they can, but still waiting for formal agreement to operate in passenger service, plus lengthening of some platforms to accommodate them is still needed
(10/04/2023 16:23)507022 Wrote:  As mentioned in post#3768 777013 is the designated unit for one of the Aintree shuttles.
As you rightly point out, three of the six Ormskirk circuits are going over to 777 operation from the 17th April, all being well, and all of the Sunday trains from the 22nd

How is it going to work on the Ormskirk line, 4 out of the 6 circuits on the Ormskirk line involve 6 cars as part of their diagram involving coupling/uncoupling of units at Ormskirk.
Is the Ormskirk line going to loose the peak 6 car services on the Ormskirk line?
Unfortunately double units are not happening just yet , they are having enough problems running single units on the Kirkby with minor glitches here and there .
(12/04/2023 09:06)wirralbus Wrote:  Unfortunately double units are not happening just yet , they are having enough problems running single units on the Kirkby with minor glitches here and there .

I understand 8 car 777s are not an option at the moment. I believe this is due to communication between the units depending on where they where manufactured, along with platform lengths to accommodate 8 cars.
My query is whether once in the next few week all Ormskirk line diagrams have transferred to 777 operation, will there be any 507/508 6 cars which will swap places with the 4 car 777 for the morning and evening peak or will the Ormskirk line just run as 4 car 777s all day.

Similar to what was and I believe is still planned to happen once the 777s are introduced on the Southport-Hunts Cross line, using a collection of 507s to provide 6 cars for the peak services, until 8 car class 777 workings are available.
(12/04/2023 16:28)508134 Wrote:  I understand 8 car 777s are not an option at the moment. I believe this is due to communication between the units depending on where they where manufactured, along with platform lengths to accommodate 8 cars.
My query is whether once in the next few week all Ormskirk line diagrams have transferred to 777 operation, will there be any 507/508 6 cars which will swap places with the 4 car 777 for the morning and evening peak or will the Ormskirk line just run as 4 car 777s all day.

Similar to what was and I believe is still planned to happen once the 777s are introduced on the Southport-Hunts Cross line, using a collection of 507s to provide 6 cars for the peak services, until 8 car class 777 workings are available.

Once the Ormskirk service goes over to 777s, they will be 4 cars all day until 8 car operation has been given the go ahead. Swapping with 507/8s is not an option unfortunately due to lack of stabling. As more 777s come into service then roughly a corresponding number of 507/8 will have to go for scrap.
About 15 507/8 will be retained for the Southport to Hunts Cross line until the platform and signalling work is complete. This line will be the last to convert to 777

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)