Current time: 18/04/2024, 22:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(02/06/2022 17:35)N271CKB Wrote:  Not a great day again, a diagram was missing off the West Kirby line for a good part of the day, and buses are runing Hooton - Chester due to signalling issues
A diagram was missing off the Ellesmere Port line for a while today and the Southport-Hunts Cross line was down by 2 diagrams (to 8 diagrams) at one point, for quite a while.

Was any 6 cars running at all today?
They seemed to really struggle to replace units today but the additional units on the Ormskirk and peak extras on the Chester/Ellesmere Port line were not required today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I am so fed up seeing the 777s out of service when I pass some just outside Crewe that by the time they enter service - assuming they eventually do - I shall already be bored with them.
Further developments from tomorrow mostly affecting the Kirkby,New Brighton and West Kirby lines

https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-jou...ption.aspx
Can I ask please, with the issues caused by damaged wheel bearings, will the affected units be moved under their own power or towed to the depots for their repair slots even if at a lower speed in order to prevent further bearing damage or even the risk of the bearings running hot while on the move.
Cancellations now spread to Chester line

https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-jou...ption.aspx
(07/06/2022 00:56)313201 Wrote:  Can I ask please, with the issues caused by damaged wheel bearings, will the affected units be moved under their own power or towed to the depots for their repair slots even if at a lower speed in order to prevent further bearing damage or even the risk of the bearings running hot while on the move.

Units are being moved under there own power
They’re being left at various locations until they can be put on Birkenhead North or Kirkdale for repair. There is also a possibility some may be sent to Allerton to help ease the situation
https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-jou...-june.aspx

Further reductions from next week
How many units are currently out of service due to this fault?
Any further details on what has caused these wheel bearing faults on the units?
Has anyone noticed how Merseyrail coped today with the further service reductions?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)