Current time: 06/05/2024, 19:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(09/04/2022 02:02)N271CKB Wrote:  Has anyone been around to see how the operation for Aintree is going this year?

Never went to Aintree myself, but did have to travel on Friday evening around 5pm. Decided to go via Kirkby and change at Sandhills (due to the Kirkby trains terminating at Sandhills). On the whole, I have seen lots of positive comments on social media regarding the organisation of the Aintree festival and trains, entertainment was also provided at Aintree station for those arriving and queuing to leave, plus the return of the flip flops.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I believe all three days went very well with few delays
777 updates - 015 has completed its fault free running, with 013 next.
777049 will follow next week. The final UK ones 007/009 will be commissioned and tested at the beginning of May.
Service return to the pre covid 15min service next month

https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-jou...table.aspx
Does anyone know if there is currently a unit 'stuck' on platform 1 at Hooton - I think this may have been from 2Y03 (from Wednesday morning).
I notice the first departure (5C04) from platform 1 on Thursday morning did not start out as usual and 2H02 did not terminate and stable in platform 1 on Wednesday or Thursday night suggesting there is in fact a unit far into the platform which is perhaps unable to be transported to the depot?
Anyone know what unit is this and what the problem is please?
(21/04/2022 23:48)508134 Wrote:  Does anyone know if there is currently a unit 'stuck' on platform 1 at Hooton - I think this may have been from 2Y03 (from Wednesday morning).
I notice the first departure (5C04) from platform 1 on Thursday morning did not start out as usual and 2H02 did not terminate and stable in platform 1 on Wednesday or Thursday night suggesting there is in fact a unit far into the platform which is perhaps unable to be transported to the depot?
Anyone know what unit is this and what the problem is please?

You’re correct about 2Y03 on Wednesday, it was 508139 and was left in Hooton Bay platform with an air leak.
Presumably it will be towed to Birkenhead North depot in due course
The question I would ask here is how will they keep the brakes off with an air leak and whether 6 coaches would be used to tow 139 for brake force in order to stop the train during the move.
(22/04/2022 12:50)313201 Wrote:  The question I would ask here is how will they keep the brakes off with an air leak and whether 6 coaches would be used to tow 139 for brake force in order to stop the train during the move.

I don’t know the answer but also any assisting unit(s) will be on the rear from Hooton towards Birkenhead if moved.
Maybe they’ll send a fitter out there to try and fix it first.
(22/04/2022 09:14)507022 Wrote:  You’re correct about 2Y03 on Wednesday, it was 508139 and was left in Hooton Bay platform with an air leak.
Presumably it will be towed to Birkenhead North depot in due course

Thanks for the information. Is an air leak a common fault with the 507/508s.
I have never known a unit unable to make it back to the depot, if an assisting unit is required its usually rescued straight away.
508139 seems to be taking up stabling space in the bay platform at Hooton.
(22/04/2022 20:26)508134 Wrote:  Thanks for the information. Is an air leak a common fault with the 507/508s.
I have never known a unit unable to make it back to the depot, if an assisting unit is required its usually rescued straight away.
508139 seems to be taking up stabling space in the bay platform at Hooton.

Something on it was also tripping out as well

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)