Current time: 23/04/2024, 07:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
It has been caused by the power upgrade work.
Prior to these works, the voltage varied presumably depending how far away from the substations it was. I think these upgrades were to stabilise the voltage across the network, but maybe others could confirm that or not.
The 777s are more computer based and have safety systems which will prevent a lot of the problems we have currently
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/10/2020 21:24)507022 Wrote:  It has been caused by the power upgrade work.
Prior to these works, the voltage varied presumably depending how far away from the substations it was. I think these upgrades were to stabilise the voltage across the network, but maybe others could confirm that or not.
The 777s are more computer based and have safety systems which will prevent a lot of the problems we have currently

Pretty much spot on.
To put it simply the 507/508s can mostly cope with the voltage coming in under 750v for whatever reason whereas the 777s won't be able to
(31/10/2020 08:04)ls1911 Wrote:  The Chester issue has been sorted, its Eastham to Spital in both directions. The 3 cars at the moment though are more down to an increasing unit shortage thanks to recent failures. You can actually still run 6 cars through the current restricted areas.

I would have expected if they were short on units to reduce the New Brighton services first-they are still going as 6 cars during the day.
They made a point of highlighting to passengers when the Chester trains reduced to 3 car, that the route between Hooton and Liverpool would still maintain some 6 cars (by running the Ellesmere Port trains as 6 cars).
Although, I guess with the New Brighton they can quite easily reduce to 3 car for the evening-not as easy doing this if 6 cars continued to run on the Ellesmere Port line?
(31/10/2020 22:29)508134 Wrote:  I would have expected if they were short on units to reduce the New Brighton services first-they are still going as 6 cars during the day.
They made a point of highlighting to passengers when the Chester trains reduced to 3 car, that the route between Hooton and Liverpool would still maintain some 6 cars (by running the Ellesmere Port trains as 6 cars).
Although, I guess with the New Brighton they can quite easily reduce to 3 car for the evening-not as easy doing this if 6 cars continued to run on the Ellesmere Port line?

Yeah you're pretty much spot on.
New Brighton is a short route so a couple of 6 cars don't eat up the milage like an all day 6 car diagram on the Ellesmere Ports/Chester's do.
Another bonus point is the units on the New Brighton/ West Kirby lines can be built up/split and changed over quite easily and both run past the maintenance depot.
You do have to wonder if the Southport service may drop from 15 minute to 30 minute with the start of the lockdown phase coming up .
From November 9th , Southport - Liverpool Central service will be reduced from 15 mins to 30 minute interval service.
Hi Everyone, I hope you are all ok

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about possible vandalism on the wirral line today.

Apparently there were lots of passengers asking staff what was going on as services were being delayed.

Also, Is there any news on the next delivery of 777s.
(08/11/2020 22:28)313201 Wrote:  Hi Everyone, I hope you are all ok

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about possible vandalism on the wirral line today.

Apparently there were lots of passengers asking staff what was going on as services were being delayed.

Also, Is there any news on the next delivery of 777s.
Looking on RealTimeTrains, services before 9am were cancelled due to a 'signalling issue'. I suppose that could have been as a result of vandalism.
It wasn’t vandalism, it was a damaged fibre optic cable
Services have been suspended for a while on the ormskirk line to due to bridge bash at Old Roan , services have now resumed but services didnt operate for about 90 to 120 minutes .

A shuttle service operated from Aintree to Hunts Cross and from Maghull to Ormskirk , during the disruption.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)