Current time: 02/05/2024, 14:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus & Tram Show
RE: Wirral Bus & Tram Show
Should be good I think I am guarding 7685 (D685 SEM) on A ex Merseymini route most of the day if not be A36 (NKD 536) plus one other
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Dodge S56 surely?

SD.
I'm in the US on business, so sadly will miss it - but have a good day everyone - and hope the weather stays fine.
Just had a look at the Weather & it's going to be a good day T-Shirt weather.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I certainly had a great day at this years event, as I was juggling the role of allocation of vehicles and guarding throughout the day. I didn't have that much time to see everything else apart from a quick wander around the Cheshire Lines car park in the mid afternoon, suffice to say, I think comments from previous years about too many vehicles in the car park were partially addressed this year.

I'm glad the half-hourly service to New Brighton was a hit, with loadings of 50+ throughout most of the day (especially when the Open Top was employed on the New Brighton runs), I'll certainly be keeping that service in mind, for hopefully next years show.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I thought it was good, just wished I had arrived earlier than I did as didnt get there until 1pm. Rode 2 trams, plus took that lovely Preston Panther to New Brighton, most impressed me that bus, lovely ride and comfortable and you wouldn't think it was the age it was, could put some newer buses to shame that could. Got 1449 back from New Brighton, went to go upstairs but no real empty seats so sat downstairs. My little 10 1/2 month old enjoyed himself as it was different for him being out of his buggy on the bus. Very nice afternoon and we were blessed with the weather. Well done to all involved.
(07/10/2013 12:48)R557 ABA Wrote:  I certainly had a great day at this years event, as I was juggling the role of allocation of vehicles and guarding throughout the day. I didn't have that much time to see everything else apart from a quick wander around the Cheshire Lines car park in the mid afternoon, suffice to say, I think comments from previous years about too many vehicles in the car park were partially addressed this year.

I'm glad the half-hourly service to New Brighton was a hit, with loadings of 50+ throughout most of the day (especially when the Open Top was employed on the New Brighton runs), I'll certainly be keeping that service in mind, for hopefully next years show.

With me being the guard on that I can second it especially wgen we did route 9 & 10E was very popular
Sounds like it was a good one (although I didn't expect anything else). I sadly missed it as I was down with the dreaded lurgy - luckily i'm through it now.

MPTE1955 - I definitely agree with you about the Preston Panther - had a go on that at the St Helens Museum a few months ago.
The 2nd year in a row the Weather has been great which helps make the day. I caught one of the New Brighton trips early in the day, finished on the Moreton Shore trip, although on the way back to the site, the driver on the return journey forgot Borough Road inbound was closed for resurfacing so we struggled up the hill & just made it to Derby RoadLaugh, although i got off by Central Station rather than staying on to the end of the route.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Saw SNG588 in Chester yesterday, what a fantastic sounding and turned out vehicle. Well done to those involved with it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)