Current time: 27/04/2024, 01:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

World Record Attempt & Fun Day
World Record Attempt & Fun Day
Orite lads, just thought I would bring to your attention a World Record Attempt and Fun Day im arranging in aid of Help For Heroes.

Myself and 15 other lads will be looking to set a new world record for the longest 5 a side football at Goals, Netherton on the 20/21 October. The current record is 40 hours and we are looking to break it in style and set 48. The football game is continuous from 9am Sat 20th October.

The day is not just for people in to football, we will also have bouncy castle for the kids, face painting, entertainment, raffles etc. All monies raised goes to Help For Heroes, a truly fantastic cause.

For more info please like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.

If you would like to donate - any amount every little helps then please go to our Bmy Charity page.

Or if you wanna know more pop me a message, if you wanna help in anyway even better!

We are also looking for local bus companies to support the event, Arriva have already declined as we half expected them too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: World Record Attempt & Fun Day
Hi Ste, nice to know (as I write this) you've been playing football non-stop for the past seven hours!

Not to worry, only 41 more hours to go...LOL

Best of luckWink
Thank you for the message mate - we only lasted 19 hours then injuries crept in not helped by the sudden drop in temperature too. But we may attempt it again in the future.
Well Done Ste and everyone involved!

Don't talk yourself down doing 'only 19 hours' - that is one hell of an achievement even then, you should be proud of yourselves for that effort!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)