Current time: 29/04/2024, 03:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Group Speculation
RE: Rock Ferry & Stagecoach Speculation
So what if the routes are mainly QBP ones?

Just because First can't turn a profit, doesn't mean Stagecoach can't [or any other operator for that matter...]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'm probably very wrong here, but it's just a thought...

Stagecoach Manchester extended their 50 service to Media City as of 2nd September, absorbing the TfGM 9 route. Could it be that Stagecoach are getting a taste of the Salford area ready to make a move regarding that corridor? If Wigan is said to be for sale, wouldn't that be an excellent start to the North Manchester area? Hmm, interesting...

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
I wonder how worried Arriva would be if:

1) Stagecoach buy out Rock Ferry
2) Stagecoach buy out Halton (could duplicate 21/X30/36)
3) 3rd Party buys Chester, e.g. Abellio/Go Ahead
(30/08/2012 18:28)P528LND Wrote:  I'm probably very wrong here, but it's just a thought...

Stagecoach Manchester extended their 50 service to Media City as of 2nd September, absorbing the TfGM 9 route. Could it be that Stagecoach are getting a taste of the Salford area ready to make a move regarding that corridor? If Wigan is said to be for sale, wouldn't that be an excellent start to the North Manchester area? Hmm, interesting...

Not really. The 50 was extended because there is a strong business case for it, and Stagecoach Manchester have had a lot of feedback from passengers wanting a through service.
TfGM are only too happy for it to happen as well as its one less route for them to subsidise.

Nothing to Stagecoach getting massively expansionist, just adapting to service new markets as they've developed.
If these rumours do eventually turn out to be true, and Stagecoach do take Rockferry, will they take on on Chester as well, given the fact that its First Chester and Wirral, and what will happen to the Wrexham Outstation?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(30/08/2012 21:53)chester285 Wrote:  If these rumours do eventually turn out to be true, and Stagecoach do take Rockferry, will they take on on Chester as well, given the fact that its First Chester and Wirral, and what will happen to the Wrexham Outstation?

I believe that whoever gets Rock Ferry will ultimately also get Chester.

If Stagecoach were to take over, I can't really see them running an outstation in Wrexham, especially when whoever takes over would be looking for ways to make the operations more profitable.

Once things are settled after the Games, probably beginning of October, I'm sure we'll know much more concrete plans by then.

My own thoughts are that Stagecoach staff sniffing around the depot and routes, driver rumours, knowledge that these depots are performing badly and being under-invested shouts a Stagecoach buyout.
It would be a shame to see the Wrexham depot closed and the contracts do run for another 2 years. As I have mentioned before it might be sold separately or included with Chester (as it is an outstation of Chester), either way it could open the doors for another large operator in the Wrexham area, which would be a good thing! Arriva are the only ones of the big four to operate in North Wales. This is of course the furthest from reality you can probably get!

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
WE saw what the CC did in Devon and they made a mess of that one , so I think First and stagecoach will be looking at a different stratagem here .
Arriva are a bus company that runs trains

First are a train company that runs buses

Looking at Rock Ferry/Chester it certainly shows

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
arriva are experienced in both in my opinion,even more so being under DB as they are big on trains are they not.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)