Current time: 28/04/2024, 19:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Group Speculation
RE: Rock Ferry & Stagecoach Speculation
(25/08/2012 09:04)P450 SWX Wrote:  With the 2 stagwcoach Minibuses with drivers in and around rock ferry depot the other day something is going on.

a few weeks ago there was a notice in RF stating Stagecoach are taking over RF in October but the day it got put up a union guy pulled it down my mate said it was a official poster fron First Manchester head office in Oldham

and if you ask some Rock Ferry drivrrs and chester its mostly
Rock Ferry drivers recon Stagecoach
chester drivers are split between Go Ahead or Abillo

so I dunno whats going on lets just wait and see

First time I heard Abillo being mentioned, could we have the start of a three-way QBP soon.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Nothing 100% confirmed
Find all posts by this user
*Abellio.

We're getting into dangerous territory here with what's been posted. Please refrain from "I asked someone and he said someone else had said this", especially when it concerns employees. Even though they aren't named it won't take much to figure out who's been talking.
(25/08/2012 13:46)mbonwick Wrote:  *Abellio.

We're getting into dangerous territory here with what's been posted. Please refrain from "I asked someone and he said someone else had said this", especially when it concerns employees. Even though they aren't named it won't take much to figure out who's been talking.

I agree, this information if there is any truth in it is obviously not meant to be out yet and the guy giving the information could get into trouble, this is the sort of stuff that Steve has asked us all to be careful of when posting about such rumours.
For the purposes of keeping people in a job out of possible trouble, some posts have been edited. If you want any further explanation as to why, use the pm feature and contact me directly, not the thread.

Also, as MPTE says, please take note of what Steve said right at the beginning of this thread.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Went past RF yesterday early morning and the LDV Convoy bus from Gillmoss was parked by reseption with the drivers staning and talking

later in afternoon when comming back from chester i seen a scruffy Mercades mini bus in little sutton following the 1

something is going on
Just to add got no id od either minibus as I was driving but there could be a number of reasons why both vans where over with drivers in
(28/08/2012 07:39)P450 SWX Wrote:  Just to add got no id od either minibus as I was driving but there could be a number of reasons why both vans where over with drivers in

Prehaps they were there for fun,doing a bit of bus spotting on thier day off using the
company minibus which was kindly donated free of charge LaughLaugh

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(28/08/2012 07:07)P450 SWX Wrote:  Went past RF yesterday early morning and the LDV Convoy bus from Gillmoss was parked by reseption with the drivers staning and talking

later in afternoon when comming back from chester i seen a scruffy Mercades mini bus in little sutton following the 1

something is going on

It does seem obvious, I do wonder though if they are going to start learning routes in Chester because it seems stupid to me if Stagecoach don't get the full extent of the operation but maybe they have been to Chester and nobody on here has seen them.

(28/08/2012 07:39)P450 SWX Wrote:  Just to add got no id od either minibus as I was driving but there could be a number of reasons why both vans where over with drivers in

Prehaps they were there for fun,doing a bit of bus spotting on thier day off using the
company minibus which was kindly donated free of charge LaughLaugh
[/quote]

LOL

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/08/2012 21:12)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I have heard rumours that First are selling Wigan, Birkenhead and Chester as a sort of job lot but obviously this is UNCONFIRMED at present. If this is the case and Stagecoach have bought these depots (and again I do strees if), it will fill in the Stagecoach gap between Gillmoss and Chorley as well as extend to Chester. Could be interesting times ahead if this takes place.

Interesting quote on one of the Yahoo groups (yesterday I think....), there was a discussion on the comfort of Enviro200's & Enviro400's and a comment was made about M&SL operating Enviro200's in Wigan......couldn't really work out where the comment came from, but obvious what M&SL stands for, there seems to be a fair bit of fuel for the fire so to speak. Personally think Stagecoach would be good for Rock Ferry at least, likely to improve the fleet age profile, just look at the Liverpool side, very little older than 55reg......

Possibly interesting times ahead!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)