Current time: 28/03/2024, 19:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Optare
RE: Optare
Looks very wrong, can't say I'm a fan of small buses with too much going on at the front (small Enviro200 and now this Solo SR). Makes the original length version just look squashed up and horrible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks better, and more of a 'proper' bus, than the old style M710SE in my opinion. Certainly miles ahead of the likes of that Fiat minibus Cumfybus have at the moment.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(13/03/2013 01:15)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Looks better, and more of a 'proper' bus, than the old style M710SE in my opinion. Certainly miles ahead of the likes of that Fiat minibus Cumfybus have at the moment.

I agree. Will look new, fresh and inviting to passengers, which is the top priority in the appearance stakes.

Operators will be hoping that the build quality and transmission reliability are better than some previous Optare products.
The weight is little different to an M710SE either, going by HTL's, theirs are 5370kgs, while the M720SR on the Optare website is 5480kgs so not massively different.

Regarding build quality, I find Optare buses (from those I've driven, admittedly not a huge number) better than that of Alexander Dennis buses. I believe there are a few transmission issues on some Solos but this is, so I'm told, an issue with the Allison gearbox more so than an Optare issue.

It'll be interesting to see one of those new little ones for real, I wonder if a demo will do the rounds of the local operators!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Some Optare MetroCities are on order for Quality Line TfL route S1, intended for delivery in March. Meanwhile TfL have ordered 4 Electric MetroCities, apparently for London United at AV for route H98.
It has been reported that 10 single deck Optare buses worth £1.5 million are on board the stricken cargo ship grounded off the Isle of Wight. The buses were an order being delivered to the Middle East.
Optare have suspended production for at least 4 weeks
http://www.optare.com/news/2020/3/26/opt...9-pandemic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)