Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

De-regulation
RE: De-regulation
Its all about profit, the rich get richer and milk the public for every last penny unfortunatly. Imagine if we still had MPTE... bliss

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
De-regulation! Stand by for rant!!! I know the old idea of regulated buses needed to be changed, but what the Mad Cow did was to destroy the whole industry. It seems that one of her ministers found out that the Airline Industry in either N America or Canada was de-regulated and they said "Ah it works there, so it will work with buses in Britain!" Just proves that the loonies are running the asylum.Surely the idea is that buses should be cheap enough so that they compete with CARS???

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
(18/08/2012 16:33)126th street Wrote:  
(17/08/2012 06:51)Its a hobby Wrote:  I love the fact that Merseytravel stand back and allow as happened in the past Big Companies to saturate a route so that eventually the smaller independent can cope making a loss and go bust.
Commercial services with the exception of QBPs are nothing to do with Merseytravel; they have no say in how they are run.

(17/08/2012 06:51)Its a hobby Wrote:  I love the fact merseytravel allow 6 buses to go past at 01,02,03,04,05,06 mins past the hour and then nothing for another hour on a regular occuance.
See above.

Really if you're going to have a moan about deregulation you'd do a lot better to (a)get your facts right in the first place; and (b)not make things up to suit your agenda.

126th Street....My Agenda? What Agenda? I'm entitled on a forum to put my opinion across, thats the general idea. I was merely saying that in reality D Regulation hasn't worked. Stop being so pedantic...

Cool Life is for living !
Just to intervene here and offer a warning whilst this is in its early stages, whilst the purpose of a forum may be to dispute what people say and attack their comments as such (which is fine), it is not for people to attack other members. Such comments attacking other members will be removed from the thread.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)