Current time: 19/05/2024, 00:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside Transport Trust
RE: Merseyside Transport Trust
An excellent day by the MTT, had a trip on 2160 round Speke & Woolton, have to say that the driver drove it impeccably! A very enjoyable day and all credit to the MTT, although had to cut it short due to having to work later this afternoon....and camera battery giving up the ghost, perhaps I should have recharged it beforehand!! My few pics linked below (a few normal service buses as well, didn't manage to get a shot of everything out today unfortunately...)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/set...962395236/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fantastic day - thanks and well done to all. Brilliant day topped off with a very cheerful and sprited run back on the 89 on 1054 joined by quite a few fellow forum members. Met quite a few people from the forum for the first time - good to be able to put a face to a name.
Another great day courtesy of MTT. I was lucky enough to start with two of my favourite preserved buses to and from Speke Hall, 1365 and the wonderfully overpowered Bristol 2160 - magic. Then an absolute first for me, the Barrow Talbot (nice bunch of people too). In all an eclectic day - not particularly through choice, but the luck of timings 1365 was the only Atlantean I rode all day, albeit twice.

Thanks to everyone who helped organise the day and all the volunteers who made it possible.
All the credit in the world to everyone involved with organising and operating today's MTT running day. It was a really enjoyable day - loved reliving the heyday of Atlanteans 1111, 1236, 1365 and 1003 and had rides on a few others too. Thanks to all concerned for making it for me the premier event of the year for bus enthusiasts on Merseyside.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
All credit to everyone involved at the MTT for such a lovely day yesterday had rides on 1836 1070 1111 and ribble national 831 was 1836 ok as it was smoking quite a bit especially when it revved up at parkway engulfing a trio of alexander atlanteans in a huge cloud of smoke all in all a superb day will any MTT vehicles be attending the wirral bus & tram show? Forgot to add also went on the speke hall special operated by open top 1449 what a wonderful ride with the wind in your hair! also rode on panther 1054.
Thanks for all the comments guys, it makes it all worthwhile to see that people enjoy our events and all the hardwork pays off! The weather was kind to us again this year, allowing open top Atlantean 1449 to do some Speke Hall Specials Smile.

Another succesful MTT Running Day, which wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the cracking team of volunteers who work behind the scenes getting everything ready, from bus preparation and washing, to the timetables and vehicle allocation. Thanks must also go to those who brought their own vehicles along to support the MTT, all of which looked fantastic and a credit to their owners.

Finally, the MTT will be attending the Bus & Tram Show, but you'll have to wait and see which buses turn up Wink.

Visit my Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevin_rowe/
What another wonderful day it was yesterday. Managed rides on 1070, Ribble 831, 1836 and 1365. 1836 seemed to be a little bit slow and poorly on it's 72A Journey towards Woolton. However 1365 was a beast and the driver gave it a bloody good thrashing on the ride I had on the 66B/4 towards Woolton and Pier Head respectively.

Massive thanks and credit to the organisers and volunteers for another brilliant day. Smile
(10/09/2012 09:24)Phil Wrote:  What another wonderful day it was yesterday. Managed rides on 1070, Ribble 831, 1836 and 1365. 1836 seemed to be a little bit slow and poorly on it's 72A Journey towards Woolton. However 1365 was a beast and the driver gave it a bloody good thrashing on the ride I had on the 66B/4 towards Woolton and Pier Head respectively.

Massive thanks and credit to the organisers and volunteers for another brilliant day. Smile

I was on 1836 when it was the 72A & thought the driver was poor, & the people who i was with missed there connection with A267 as we were late arriving at Penny Lane because the driver was so slow.

i had a good day & wasn't as wrecked as i thought i was going to be as i was drinking all day Saturday[as i was at the Races & had a winner at 7/4Big Grin], went up to St Helens to catch the 1054 on the 89, quite amusing as 1054 was faster than the Arriva Pulsar on the 89 behind us. I had a good ride on 1365 on the 66B then the 4 before calling it a day, surprised 1365 has been fitted with Liverpool dest's.

Quite surprised 1055/0238 weren't out, i know they're not at MTT anymore but thought they might have been out anyway, but nice surprise Atlantean 1032 turned up, & was behind us on 1054 for a bit.

I'm not going to bother with Birkenhead Park Festival Of Transport, but will do the Wirral Bus & Tram Show.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
All I can do is echo the comments from others really, an excellent day (well, few hours for me, I only arrived just before 3pm!) but still, I certainly enjoyed the time and managed a few short rides including one on the Talbot Pullman minibus, nice reminder of Supertravel of days gone by (even if it wasn't a one time Supertravel bus!) and even better it was on route 188, an ex Supertravel route!

I'll try to get the Wirral Bus & Tram show a bit earlier if I can! lol

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
I went but only had a look around and a had a chat with a few people manning the stalls. Didnt take a ride as had my wife with me and with her being nearly 7 months pregnant the thought of travelling on an older bus didnt really appeal to her.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)