Current time: 23/04/2024, 20:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside Transport Trust
RE: Merseyside Transport Trust
(04/06/2012 20:45)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(04/06/2012 15:52)St Helens Rider Wrote:  A very good day. When I got to Ormskirk, freshly repainted 1449 was in the Bus Station looking very smart indeed in MPTE colours. Most of MTT's regular fleet was running. Caught A267 on the Real Ale Tour as far as the Farmers Arms, stopped for a pint and came back on 1449. 1836 was on Car Park Shuttle duties for a good part of the day but I noted it too also put in a Real Ale Tour. I finished the day much as I started with 1449 back to Ormskirk. A very good day (and decent weather). A thank you and well done to all involved.

Were you on the 11:20am from Ormskirk as i was on 1449[at the front on the nearside], & met Ultralow & his mate on the service?

Yes. I was downstairs on 1449 at 1120 from Ormskirk. I had to get there via Liverpool/Merseyrail due to there being no 319.

*nother positive from the day is that I won 1 of the raffle prizes which is definitely a bonus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/06/2012 23:37)St Helens Rider Wrote:  
(04/06/2012 20:45)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(04/06/2012 15:52)St Helens Rider Wrote:  A very good day. When I got to Ormskirk, freshly repainted 1449 was in the Bus Station looking very smart indeed in MPTE colours. Most of MTT's regular fleet was running. Caught A267 on the Real Ale Tour as far as the Farmers Arms, stopped for a pint and came back on 1449. 1836 was on Car Park Shuttle duties for a good part of the day but I noted it too also put in a Real Ale Tour. I finished the day much as I started with 1449 back to Ormskirk. A very good day (and decent weather). A thank you and well done to all involved.

Were you on the 11:20am from Ormskirk as i was on 1449[at the front on the nearside], & met Ultralow & his mate on the service?

Yes. I was downstairs on 1449 at 1120 from Ormskirk. I had to get there via Liverpool/Merseyrail due to there being no 319.

*nother positive from the day is that I won 1 of the raffle prizes which is definitely a bonus.

Lucky you, although made my day that i brought the bus maps from D-Reg & 88.Smile

If there's an Open Day next year, it'd be handy if MTT could run a bus, one journey to/from Liverpool, although the Saturday Rail service on Merseyrail did help a bit, but just a thought especially if next years event is on a Sunday

(04/06/2012 22:43)SNL 824 Wrote:  I didn't see 0261. Wallasey 15 was there very much stripped down. I think birkenhead 159 was tucked away at the very back, but I didn't see (or at any rate recognise) E2 or 3008 either.

I caught a glimpse of 0261, it was tucked away as were a few others, as i wanted to see 1788 & 3008 but they were parked where you couldn't see them. 0261 is in the row where the Merseycoach 7020[0067 next to 7020], was parked & if you looked towards the end of the row 0261 is there, still in Arriva livery, there was an MTL National at the end of that row.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
The MTT running day was very good i spent the day with my mate and MTL 0201 like he said it was a very good day and the wether was cracking the flags!
Does anybody know if ex Merseybus 7000 OHF 858S was ever restored & if so where it is? That was a great bus in its day! Thanks.
Isn't that owned by John Cherry or Aintree Coachline and has been repainted into verona and cream. I think it's at NWVRT, but don't remember seeing it the other week.
It is indeed at the NWVRT, it was the one parked on the very back wall by where 0302 was.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
I was obviously too busy checking out 0302 - thanks for confirming.
Tis indeed Luke, its come a long way since when it first arrived!
Thanks for that.
It has indeed K853. Wor khas slowed a little while awating new flooring but work has commenced on a former turners fleetline also owned by Mr Cherry
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)