Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CentreBus
RE: CentreBus
It's being reported that Centrebus's shares in Centrebus Holdings, which operates Centrebus's Hinckley operations in Leicestershire and Huddersfield Bus/K-Line/Centrebus services in West Yorkshire, have been bought by Arriva, which means they'll be fully owned by Arriva with services changing ownership from Monday 9 September.

The Hinckley services will come under Arriva Midlands operations, while the West Yorkshire services will operate as a stand-alone company, probably in a similar way to Wardle Transport in Staffordshire.

There'll be no changes to other Centrebus operations plus High Peak.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I am surprised that Centrebus West Yorkshire will not just join Arriva Yorkshire. Both Arriva subsidiaries will now be seen in Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield.

I wonder whether this will release funds to enable CentreBus to buy another company? Maybe they will buy Wellglade out of High Peak, enabling Wellglade to buy another independent or upgrade theit ex-TM Travel fleet?
(07/09/2013 21:48)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I am surprised that Centrebus West Yorkshire will not just join Arriva Yorkshire. Both Arriva subsidiaries will now be seen in Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield.

This will be because the operating costs structure is completely different at Huddersfield Bus Co and K-Line to Arriva's.
(10/09/2013 20:05)darthblakey Wrote:  
(07/09/2013 21:48)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I am surprised that Centrebus West Yorkshire will not just join Arriva Yorkshire. Both Arriva subsidiaries will now be seen in Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield.

This will be because the operating costs structure is completely different at Huddersfield Bus Co and K-Line to Arriva's.
Had a look at the VOSA site yesterday, K Line seems not to exist?
Can you confirm exactly how many depots in Yorkshire are departing to DB - Arriva ownership?
(11/09/2013 14:43)Southernsofty Wrote:  
(10/09/2013 20:05)darthblakey Wrote:  

Had a look at the VOSA site yesterday, K Line seems not to exist?
Can you confirm exactly how many depots in Yorkshire are departing to DB - Arriva ownership?
when you looked at VOSA - Did you search for Kline or Teamdeck because as far as i know Klines always been under Teamdeck on VOSA

I Think its 4 depots involved in the deal (Kirkstall,Elland,Waterloo & Honley)
Arriva are now a major shareholder in the newly seperated huddersfield bus company
New arrivals here from Roberts Coaches are former Leicester Park & Ride Volvo B8RLE MCV Evolutions BU16UWK, BU16UWN and BU16UWR, these will be allocated to Luton Busway services.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CentreBus have as of Monday October 24th introduced Yutongs on the Orbital Clockwise and Anti-Clockwise services in Leicester, previously route 40.

They already had Yutongs on the Hospital Hoppa and some Park & Ride services. That said, I was in Leicester yesterday and saw an Enviro 200 on the HH service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)