Current time: 10/05/2024, 18:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lothian Buses & First Scotland East
RE: Lothian Buses & First Scotland East
(16/03/2013 22:43)MAN-3460 Wrote:  I'm not too sure to be honest - will have to wait and see!

From a reliable source, the new Lothian Hybrids are going to be launched in mid-April so all will be revealed then.

There are also service changes starting 24. March, but interestingly these all feature more buses and increased frequencies! Also from the same date the single flat fare is going up from £1 40 to £1 50. There is no mention of any increase in other fares and the the Day ticket (available from first bus in the morning until midnight!) is still incredible value at £3 50!

I have just spent a week in Edinburgh and Lothian buses are reliable and clean with friendly staff and timetables and fare information at 99% of all stops. Most stops also have accurate bus trackers which give the route number, destination and expected time of all buses from that stop.

First, on the other hand ................. well, the less said the better!! Where people have a choice, eg in Tranent, Musselburgh, Port Seton, they will always take Lothian where possible.

As I have said many times, Lothian set a standard that other companies should try to match.

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lothian Buses & First Scotland East - Mal - 20/03/2013 10:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)