Current time: 04/05/2024, 05:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(13/10/2016 15:12)djb Wrote:  To clarify, what i meant was to curtail the service off peak only, to run between Knutsford and Monks heath only. At the timetable frequency gha provided. This could be operated by the existing 27 bus.

Anyone wishing to travel beyond monks heath would have to change onto the 130 off peak, but the timetable would be written to allow connections.

I think that would be a non-starter due to the number of people travelling to the hospital from Knutsford and Chelford and the fact that most of them aren't young and fit.

Quote:when there is no money in the pot to provide an extra bus
it would not allow time for peover diversions

I wonder if anyone at TSS (Cheshire East) remembered why they introduced a new subsided school bus between Over Peover and Knutsford Academy a couple of years ago when they were writing the OJEU for the new tenders? Previously those schoolkids got the 27 arriving at Knutsford bus station at around 08:25 and the one leaving at around 15:45 but when High Peak trialled a commercial 27 service up to every 90 minutes using a single bus it was not deemed acceptable for the schoolkids to have to get to Knutsford at 07:25 and leave at 16:45 so a designated school bus was introduced.

I also wonder if the withdrawing the 27B service has resulted in more older people and those with limited mobility on the outskirts of Knutsford relying on the subsided D&G Little Bus service to make essential trips.

Living in Knutsford the main reasons I don't use the Macclesfield bus for more leisure trips are:
1. Lower frequency than train services to other towns.
2. Timings not competitive. Including walking distance to the bus stop/station Altrincham is around 30 minutes from my house by public transport while Macclesfield is up to around 60 minutes, so a return trip to Macclesfield takes up an hour more of my day than one to Altrincham. While the Macclesfield bus would never be as fast as the Altrincham train, reducing the difference would make the bus more attractive especially as there's more to see and do in Macclesfield than Altrincham.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 13/10/2016 16:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)