Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(06/10/2016 17:42)33109 Wrote:  Told by an arriva driver mate of mine that we've got the following supposedly:

87 - Being cancelled from end of the month. Although D&G driver I know (ex arriva) says their having it & possibly re-numbering it back to the 99 again.

Congleton Town Work - 90/91/94 etc apparently picked up by hollinsheads.

42&78 - Congleton to crewe & the 78 nantwich route not awarded yet.

130 - Rumours floating about thus might be withdrawn on sundays.

Apparently contracts are awarded end of the month.

I've found this contract award notice interesting: http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:...XT:EN:HTML The Macclesfield to Bollington Friday and Saturday evening contract was up for renewal even if GHA hadn't collapsed (along with the 289.) The contract award notice confirms the 289 has been awarded to Howards, option B was chosen not option A (I'm not sure what the differences were) and that there were 4 bids for that route. However, it does not indicate an award was made for the Macclesfield to Bollington lot. Did any operator place a bid to operate it long term? GHA were the only bidder the last time it was up for renewal with D&G (who had acquired the route through their acquisition of Bakerbus) not being interested in continuing running the service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 08/10/2016 09:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)