Current time: 04/05/2024, 14:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(03/10/2016 14:56)mikestone Wrote:  No sign of any registration for Beartown yet - and I wonder if it might be a bit of a poisoned chalice.
;
D&G haven't posted details of their commercial changes from 24th October yet. so I wonder if they are still negotiating what can be afforded?

Beartown was run commercially by Bakerbus after their contract to run it ended but it didn't remain as a commercial operation for long once D&G acquired Bakerbus operations - likewise the Friday and Saturday evening services in the Macclesfield area were soon withdrawn.

D&G usually put all their new timetables up at once and usually don't say they are withdrawing a subsided service until they have confirmation of who is taking it on. According to the Cheshire East website their other changes are:

Quote:1A, 1B D&G Bus Crewe - Nantwich: route and timetable revised, now serves Grand Junction Retail Park then Rail Station via Macon Way. Some journeys still operate via Edleston Road to the Rail Station.
12, 12E D&G Shavington - Crewe - Coppenhall - Leighton Hospital: 6E Sunday service cancelled and added to 12 registration as service 12E.
300 D&G Bus Knutsford Circular: timetable revised.

According to Traveline the 300 changes are the 13:25 run gets re-timed to 13:15, with a 13:45 and 14:15 run to Longridge and back added in.

(03/10/2016 15:10)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I've just posted on VOSA thread that Stagecoach have cancelled the 130 Sundays from 17th October, question is who has gained it?

Someone posted higher up that according to a driver Arriva have got it. I imagine given Stagecoach have submitted their registration changes it means they aren't the surprise winner of any of the remaining contracts.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the 88 given Arriva now know the old GHA timings are very difficult to run to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 03/10/2016 16:25

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)