Current time: 18/05/2024, 06:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
Lets just hope there aren't other companies out there prepared to go down the same route .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/09/2016 14:35)wirralbus Wrote:  Lets just hope there aren't other companies out there prepared to go down the same route .

Sadly in these hard times there probably is. I know of one operator who runs a lot of tendered services where I live that apparently operates a lot of these contracts at a very low cost which on the face of it is all good and well, their using very modern vehicles and most journeys run but there's a very clear drop in standards where the drivers are concerned. A lot speak little or no English and struggle to understand what your saying when trying to buy a single fare etc.

It's catch 22. From a tax payers point of view it's good as it's not costing as much but from a bus users point of view should we expect a lesser standard of service if the service is subsidised.
(28/09/2016 13:14)mikestone Wrote:  Since running more than the tenders called for seems to have been at least in part responsible for GHA running out of cash I can't see anyone else trying it.

Which routes are you talking about? I didn't think GHA did running about the minimum level on many contracted routes except where some common sense positional moves were added in.

I would have thought the 16, 45 and 84 duplicate commercial registrations were a much bigger cause, especially the 45 which I think was only route GHA introduced brand new high specification buses on when they weren't receiving a subsidy for the route.
The 27 and 200 will get their own vehicles in the next month or so and the hired enviros will be returned.
I thought the ones around Shrewsbury were more frequent than the tendered spec. Certainly the Wrexham - Whitchurch and Rhyl were replacements for much less frequent/shorter routes. If I recall correctly Wrexham Rhyl was previously little more than a Yale college working. Others like the 44 in Crewe were attempts to operate previously tendered routes commercially.
;
More detail of the PI in yesterday's RouteOne including the Reaseheath inspection.
Photos of the former fleet currently on hire to Compass Travel, Worthing from EnsignBus.

All copyright and with credit to Cliff Baker

BA58GHA

CA58GHA

DK09DZG

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
An update from the Traffic Commissioner...

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wa...y-11962353
(30/09/2016 17:07)N531 DWM Wrote:  An update from the Traffic Commissioner...

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wa...y-11962353
From that article
;
"North Wales AMs, Llyr Gryffudd and Mark Isherwood, have also called for assurance the two brothers will have no part in the operation of any other bus companies."
'
but can they stop them involving other family members?
(30/09/2016 18:16)mikestone Wrote:  From that article
;
"North Wales AMs, Llyr Gryffudd and Mark Isherwood, have also called for assurance the two brothers will have no part in the operation of any other bus companies."
'
but can they stop them involving other family members?

It's frustrating because it's obvious the brothers have 'detached' themselves from the company officially but their running things alright. The fact one of the brothers removed himself as director and made another family member director is obvious they have done it for damage limitation.

Hopefully the TC will see through the lies and shut them down once and for all.
(26/09/2016 17:38)quahogbuscompany Wrote:  Looks like the ex GHA contracts have been awarded this afternoon. Hollinsheads Coaches look to be the big winner with the Beartown Buses contract, High Peak keeping the P1 Poynton Circular and Howards retaining the 27 Macclesfield - Knutsford and 200 Wilmslow - Manchester Airport Visitor Centre.

Any news on other routes like the 19, 87, 88 and the Crewe & Nantwich area services?

I've noticed someone's been posting news articles on ghacoaches.co.uk - one about legal advice available for former employees, one about the former GHA directors involvement in a new business and one about the GHA drivers being told by text that they were losing their jobs.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)