Current time: 18/05/2024, 09:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(22/09/2016 12:58)knutstransport Wrote:  Surely the most relevant bit is whether VOSA did ground multiple buses belonging to GHA at Reaseheath College (which various sources have mentioned.) Who initiated the cancellation process of the contracts is a lot less significant than whether a bus operator used buses which were unfit to be on the road.

It also seems the administrators of this forum don't want some facts discussed. The outcome of a court case was removed from this thread which if I recall correctly was on the grounds it would have been potentially damaging to the operator, despite it being all over the local newspapers.
Couldn't agree more so why didn't you say that rather than "stripped of their contracts"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/09/2016 09:45)knutstransport Wrote:  It says in the article

"An update from the GHA Coaches administrators has also been made public, giving a background to the eventual collapse of the company.

The document also contains a 299 entry 20 page list of unsecured creditors owed money due to the collapse of GHA Coaches, including £26k to Cheshire West Council, £27k to Wrexham Council and £978,000 to HMRC."

Is that document available online or does anyone know how much GHA owed other councils?

All the documents are on companies house here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/compa...ng-history

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(22/09/2016 15:37)Garsty Wrote:  All the documents are on companies house here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/compa...ng-history

Thanks. Surprised TfGM are owed more than TSS (Cheshire East) while it appears GHA were owed money by D&G Bus and Denbigshire County Council and GHA owed Arriva money. I'm not sure how money was owed between operators?
Apologies that due to a technical problem and the fact that I am out of the UK I have not been able to update my GHA dispersal table for a few days.

Hopefully I have solved the problem.

Today (Friday 23rd) I have added details to FN03DXM, DU60XTB, WX13VMA, AA/BA/CA58GHA, DK09DZE/F/G, VX51PZM, AA/BA52GHA, SK52UTU, YJ06YRL , CW03XBD, T115KGP, K20FTG, DSU907, YN03NDF, YN08NXK, DA87AB, SN04 EFU/S/T/V, CN07FSO, UKZ5466, HKZ9240

It appears that there were a few later entries into the second on-line auction and I have amended my table accordingly.

Three vehicles did not attract bids and were not sold :- T115KGP, K20 FTG and DSU907. I assume they will be included in the 3rd and final auction but I will attempt to confirm this.

Link to my table. link

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(23/09/2016 08:55)knutstransport Wrote:  Thanks. Surprised TfGM are owed more than TSS (Cheshire East) while it appears GHA were owed money by D&G Bus and Denbigshire County Council and GHA owed Arriva money. I'm not sure how money was owed between operators?

Most Council money is departure charges, as is Arriva for Crewe Bus Station
(23/09/2016 19:43)Salopbus Wrote:  Most Council money is departure charges, as is Arriva for Crewe Bus Station

Hmmmm.... not too sure about that..... councils can charge for departures, but operators are not allowed to charge other operators.
(23/09/2016 19:59)Nicholas Wrote:  Hmmmm.... not too sure about that..... councils can charge for departures, but operators are not allowed to charge other operators.

Arrive own the Bus Station so they can charge other operators to use it
(23/09/2016 19:43)Salopbus Wrote:  Most Council money is departure charges, as is Arriva for Crewe Bus Station

Still surprised TfGM are owed more than TSS (Cheshire East) given GHA didn't stop at that many stops in Greater Manchester. On the Mon-Sat routes which went in to GM they stopped at more stops in Cheshire East than in GM.

GHA also purchased council owned buses off both Cheshire East and Cheshire West councils - the ex-Cheshire East ones were repossessed by a financing company but the ex-Cheshire West ones remained with the administrators so I wonder if Cheshire West let GHA pay in instalments while Cheshire East wanted the full payment?
(23/09/2016 20:12)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Arrive own the Bus Station so they can charge other operators to use it

I thought Arriva leased the bus station and there were discussions ongoing about what would happen when the lease gets terminated, which was due to happen this year?
I seem to recall that Greater Manchester produce publicity and bill the operator if they don't produce their own?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)