Current time: 04/05/2024, 13:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(05/08/2016 08:53)33109 Wrote:  Sorry but I really can't see this happening, GHA screwed up MONUMENTALLY. Can you really see any of the councils wanting to re-award them any contracts ever again in the future after leaving them & all their passengers in the lurch. I think not somehow.

The councils & not forgetting the passengers need a reliable bus service, not 1 run by a company who couldn't be arsed showing up half the time & treated their staff like dirt! It seems though that in the wrexham area at least d jones & son have taken on some of the ex GHA drivers which is some good news.

I think Cheshire East would have them back in a flash if it kept the price of contracts down.
The council never really seemed to bother about the unreliability despite it going on for several months. I know several people who used the 42 & 78 services & complained to the council about buses repeatedly not running but nothing seemed to come of it. Some councils reaward contracts to other operators where poor performance is an issue but it doesn't seem as if Cheshire East had any urgency to do that.

Perhaps connected with that, an arriva driver has also told me that they are annoyed that a member of the Councils Transport unit has already criticised, on social media, arriva's performance on one of the replacement contracts despite having never made any public criticism of the frequent GHA failings on the same service in the past.
Cost obviously outweighs quality in Cheshire East.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Olympian - 05/08/2016 20:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)