Current time: 04/05/2024, 05:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(30/07/2016 14:23)iMarkeh Wrote:  D&G are just legends. They took on so much. SC Chester and Arriva Chester could have done more. Even if Arriva Chester took a few evening Wrexhams and use the buses of the 12 as that finishes early. SC Chester always has deckers sat doing nothing. They could help with 82 or even use the deckers on silly routes like 51 and then send the darts to SP1/2. Arriva Chester has a large depot and few routes. I personally think they could do more. I know it may seem a lil harsh but Peter Allman could do the middle day DB4 then run to Upton for the school run. It is just small things that companies could do but just dont. D&G and Townlynx have taken on a heck of a lot and I think if it wasnt for them, not even half of GHA would be covered. Some companies have done small other bits but I deffo think there are more spare buses and drivers than people are letting on. Especially on Sundays/Evenings. Through the week cant they reduce some services and interwork them to save on buses? It wont work all the time but in some cases, I think it could work.

Its not as simple as that though they can only take more work on if they have the vehicles and the drivers, SC the majority of the double deckers have returned to gilmoss as they were only covering schools and aren't a permeant allocation, plus you have got the operating licence dictating how many vehicles the depot can run. quite often see the trident and enviro 400 on the 51/53! You also have to bear in mind that it may not also be financially viable for a depot to take an emergency contract on as you still have running costs to factor in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - chester285 - 31/07/2016 15:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)