Current time: 18/05/2024, 04:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(14/07/2016 18:23)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Optare Solo YK05 CBX has just passed me on the main road in Flint, are Arriva going to use it or is something else going on?
YK05 CBX (The Solo with Pontcysyllte livery) is actually owned by the local authority. It has been given to GHA to operate by the Council.

I assume it is being taken to another operator to help provide extra services. Was it heading in the direction of Bagillt? - I so possibly going to P and O Lloyd.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
DJB - not the foggiest who'll be willing pick up the 27, D&G will possibly step in for the sun 130 as they won the contract before GHA decided run it commercially.

Can arriva use any solos of GHAs? Doubt the administrators will want any assets been used as they'll be needed to pay their debts off.
(14/07/2016 19:11)DLG817 Wrote:  YK05 CBX (The Solo with Pontcysyllte livery) is actually owned by the local authority. It has been given to GHA to operate by the Council.

I assume it is being taken to another operator to help provide extra services. Was it heading in the direction of Bagillt? - I so possibly going to P and O Lloyd.

It was past Bagillt, going towards Connah's Quay
(14/07/2016 19:16)DK09 GXY Wrote:  It was past Bagillt, going towards Connah's Quay

Possibly arriva or stagecoach
Anywhere official updates stating who if anyone is going to run SP1/2 and 9/X9 and X1 im surprised none been grabbed with them going into chester and SP1/2 serving Deeside Ind Est
(14/07/2016 18:19)djb Wrote:  Cheshire east have done well but unless I've missed something, they still have quite a few routes to cover (including the 88 which could be harder to cover (4bus).

87,27, 200, 88 & Sunday 130

87 would be the biggest challenge as it duplicates other services they can't offer a subsidy for it. High Peak tried it previously and withdrew.

Both Arriva and Stagecoach have said they've been in talks with both Cheshire councils but neither operator has so far agreed to anything in Cheshire East.
(14/07/2016 19:13)33109 Wrote:  DJB - not the foggiest who'll be willing pick up the 27, D&G will possibly step in for the sun 130 as they won the contract before GHA decided run it commercially.

Can arriva use any solos of GHAs? Doubt the administrators will want any assets been used as they'll be needed to pay their debts off.

Agreed. Cant see anyone wanting the 27 commercially (or the 87 for that matter)

For the 130 - it depends if they ask for someone to take it commercially. That again may be a bit too much.

The 200 - probably a manchester based operator, given that the cheshire ones will already be stretched. (goodwins?)

The 88 - i can only see stagecoach with the resources to run a 4 bus operation there at this notice.

The solos. It depends on the forward plan of the admin. Initially only leased buses could move i think.
(14/07/2016 15:00)knutstransport Wrote:  Arriva used to run the 82 but withdrew because it wasn't making them enough money, which was when GHA took it on.
Winsford depot ran it as a hourly service, it went around the time Crewe depot closed to make space for the Crewe allocation. Winsford of course had more of a allocation when Crewe was merged back then.
Some of the Solos in the GHA fleet are owned by Cheshire West council.
I wonder in this whole sorry saga how much of tax payers money has been spent paying GHA to run (or attempt to run) services and now paying other operators to cover on emergency contracts.
I really do hope senior managent are somehow brought to book for the sorry episode that's unfolded. Anyone else think it's strange that the TC has failed to get involved??

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)