Current time: 04/05/2024, 12:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(14/07/2016 09:16)T42 PVM Wrote:  It is not *nonsense* at all as people still need to buy tickets to get to wherever it is their going, As The H Man has rightly said why would another operator accept GHA tickets when their not getting any money for it as last time i checked Bus Services much make money to survive..

I think you will find the various councils are covering using operators who will be paid to do so to fill holes until they can allocate the contracts out longer term so in most cases and offering to accept weekly tickets as measure of goodwill to help those passengers put into this situation. You looking too far ahead with your comments about making money etc, they are covering at very short notice to ensure passengers have a bus service to use. I think you need to see the short term rather than your barking on about longer term making money jibber jabber, like I say nonsense comment in the short term with the fallout of GHA less than a day in play. Councils have had a huge job overnight trying to cover work for today so be thankful that there are services running rather than worrying about an enthusiast style worry about using a ARRIVA or Stagecoach dayticket on the 82 service. Passengers will be happy to have something rather than nothing, remember that! There are still lots of places with little or nothing today, tell that to people between Wrexham and Denbigh, Ellesmere to Shrewsbury now have no bus service and little or nothing for people Llangollen today been some examples.

The H Man point is perfectly valid, GHA were happy to take money and not deliver the service even when they did operate on a number of routes. They were happy to undercut operators on tenders with silly low tender bids, drop services left right and centre.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Depotosw - 14/07/2016 09:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)